News   Apr 24, 2024
 355     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 546     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 487     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Empty slogans, insider favours, bait and switch and a disdain for the public realm. A blowhard, connected politician who claims to be a regular guy. I’ve heard goofs like Dofo sell the same bs and beat the same drum for nearly 40 years. Doug Freekin’ Ford, brought to you by the #Me too movement.

Empty slogans, insider favours, bait and switch and a disdain for the public realm. A blowhard, connected politician who claims to be a regular guy. I’ve heard goofs like Dofo sell the same bs and beat the same drum for nearly 40 years. Doug Freekin’ Ford, brought to you by the #Me too movement.

As I said, all the entrenched parties are of the same grimy ilk. As a working class bastard (no, for real, I'm still not sure my parents ever married), I see them all for who they really are.

Maybe that touch of university I went through with helped, sure, but I'm as blue collar as they come....I just have better sensibilities than most (Tim Hortons can suck it, for example).
That being said, I wouldn't buy any of the entrenched power brokers selling me some shit about being all about my best interests. Only a fool would, no offence, guys.
You can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

The question is how much freedom does she has within her portfolio, vis-a-vis loyalists like Devlin? If anything, she'd make a convenient scapegoat in a ministry that pleases no-one (especially in an austerity scenario). Plus I can't imagine the government - after all that is being said - would want to tick off the doctors and hospitals - two of the biggest line items in the MoH budget.

AoD
Ministers are just backbenchers with a driver and a nicer office.

Shouldn't a government for the people have a citizens' advisory panel?

I humbly volunteer my time and opinion to thee, government for the people. I know some people, and I know what they want. Pick me.

Ok, so don't anyone paint me as a Ford supporter, I wasn't and am not. But I'm finding all the apocalyptic commentary both here and in the media a bit much.

I gave the Wynne bashers here a hard time because I could understand there concerns over one policy or another, or their belief that lobbyists has their hands too far up....

But the irrational hatred/fear drove me nuts as that government were incapable of doing anything good or was the first to have made poor policy choices or been susceptible to lobbyists.

Can please ratchet down the 'Sky is Falling' rhetoric and evaluate choices on their merits as they come?

I fully expect there to be plenty to object to and rant over.

But some of these early items are best classes as neutral, 'wait for the other shoe', or negative at the margins.

Save your energy for the real fights.

Oops.

The PCs announced today that they intend to cancel a wind turbine project in Prince Edward County. They didn't mention the fine print–it could cost in excess of $100 million to cancel a project weeks away from completion.

@BurlOak your first Tory Gas Plant! LOL

If you think you are exempt or will be exempt... good luck.

No, I know I won't be if I carry on as usual (which I plan to). I just know I can be if I choose to be (in the case that things turn ugly....at a level that wouldn't happen anyway...I think).

Also, that was a joke again. ;)

Wait, the carbon credit compensation doesn't qualify? at ~3b dollars, I think it should.

I'm guessing because the wind turbines were (like the gas plants) locally opposed. It can be argued that the cap-and-trade system was also locally opposed.

It's already a gas plant multi-combo power move. In the first month. Fiscal responsibility, my eye.

Comparing this to Gas Plant is like comparing Trudeau to Bill Crosby and Harvey Weinstein. It's actually more of an exaggeration.

It does highlight how bad of a decision Ontario voters made in 2014 when they elected Wynne. So much damage was created under her leadership - not just carry over damage from McGuinty.

Comparing this to Gas Plant is like comparing Trudeau to Bill Crosby and Harvey Weinstein. It's actually more of an exaggeration.

It does highlight how bad of a decision Ontario voters made in 2014 when they elected Wynne. So much damage was created under her leadership - not just carry over damage from McGuinty.

Hold up. How about the carbon credit compensations that will be forthcoming to the tune of billions of dollars? Does that qualify?

...and don't ignore this like you did my basic biochemistry lesson in that other thread. :p

It's ok, mate, you don't have to blindly follow any given political banner regardless of what the persons involved are doing. You can let go. You'll feel better. I promise. :)

Hold up. How about the carbon credit compensations that will be forthcoming to the tune of billions of dollars? Does that qualify?

...and don't ignore this like you did my basic biochemistry lesson in that other thread. :p

It's ok, mate, you don't have to blindly follow any given political banner regardless of what the persons involved are doing. You can let go. You'll feel better. I promise. :)
You can compare this to the Chretien cancellation of the EH-101 helicopters, or the Harris cancellation of the Eglinton subway.

But "Gas Plant" is reserved for a party cancelling their own plans, in advance of an election, providing a totally false estimate of the cost, for an ultimate cost of over $1B.

Back