News   Apr 25, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

The Star is not supporting what Ford has done - now that's shocking. o_O

I see what you did there, but seriously, nothing here is surprising. I mean, I hate to sound self-important but I deffo knew what we were getting.

Get this though, I think the Star is a rag but I'm not supporting what Ford has done in its entirety either.

Anyway, how's that for sound fiscal management.....having to pay out billions to cover now-useless carbon credits?

Fiscal responsibility from day one!

They should cancel their salaries....lead by example. Ford's got plenty of money in that Deco Labels ATM he's been withdrawing from.

Institute mandatory siestas too. And a hard cap of 40hrs for the work week.

For the people! The hard-working ones! Wasn't it supposed to be for us?

What's that you say, nobody gives a shit about the working class? I know, they only need us to make their millions and would be bums in the street without our labour, but carry on.....crumbling schools and billions in payouts to cover worthless carbon credits.
No problem, I'll work an extra hour next week to help cover the billions in payout. Holla at me for cash!

It's the same old shit. As I said throughout the election: Tories, Libs, the orange ones.....different sides of the same coin. Borrowed coin, by the way.

Notice that Ford is taking a page out of Trump's book and not speaking to media. He's also not revealing his daily schedule. Constituent meetings, I'm sure.

And that pic of Trudeau with Ford is absolutely brilliant. We're screwed.

Notice that Ford is taking a page out of Trump's book and not speaking to media. He's also not revealing his daily schedule. Constituent meetings, I'm sure.

And that pic of Trudeau with Ford is absolutely brilliant. We're screwed.

As predicted. This is only the beginning, just wait when he starts talking affordable housing again. This province under Ford and his big builder friends will not build affordable housing. Big builders will build what the market demands and certainly won't build at cost or below market value. OHIP will be slowly stripped and dismantled to a two tier system like in the early 1970's where some physicians would double bill - OHIP and for better care an additional bill to the patient. For the people and little guy - for the next 4 yrs. - NOT

The Globe is not supporting what Ford has done--now that's shocking. ;)

No wait, something else is going on here....don't you agree @BurlOak? :p

Oh please. Everyone knows the Globe is extreme left and biased... Cultural marxism, snowflakes, bla bla, bla, bla

Oh please. Everyone knows the Globe is extreme left and biased... Cultural marxism, snowflakes, bla bla, bla, bla

Damn Bay Street cucks.

I was wondering why they were all pro-free trade and -immigration.

Time to switch to some prime Sue Ann Levy.

I said it earlier, but I don't understand why anyone is surprised. Ford is exactly as advertised and he is already governing as expected. We can expect more cuts to more 'frivolous' programs.

I know its early, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he wins a second term, a la Mike Harris. Liberals and NDP will split the vote just enough to let it happen even if people aren't happy with the direction of the province.

If there is much to be concerned about in Doug Ford's Ontario, perhaps there is something to be less concerned about.

The Star had a reasonably complimentary piece on the new Health Minister, Ms. Elliot; particularly noting that she had a terrible health scare just a year ago, and spent time in a local/rural hospital, on air ambulance, at Sunnybrook and Bridgepoint.

She certainly says the right things and speaks moderately.

File it under 'wait and see' but I'll pencil that appointment at one about which I am hopeful.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...alth-system-she-now-oversees-as-minister.html

If there is much to be concerned about in Doug Ford's Ontario, perhaps there is something to be less concerned about.

The Star had a reasonably complimentary piece on the new Health Minister, Ms. Elliot; particularly noting that she had a terrible health scare just a year ago, and spent time in a local/rural hospital, on air ambulance, at Sunnybrook and Bridgepoint.

She certainly says the right things and speaks moderately.

File it under 'wait and see' but I'll pencil that appointment at one about which I am hopeful.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...alth-system-she-now-oversees-as-minister.html

The question is how much freedom does she has within her portfolio, vis-a-vis loyalists like Devlin? If anything, she'd make a convenient scapegoat in a ministry that pleases no-one (especially in an austerity scenario). Plus I can't imagine the government - after all that is being said - would want to tick off the doctors and hospitals - two of the biggest line items in the MoH budget.

AoD

Back