News   May 15, 2024
 568     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 571     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 420     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I really feel like this is the result of Ford Nation.

Both Rob and Doug Ford were and are all about finding efficiencies, slimming down government and telling it like it is. They have no plan, they never did and they live off mantras (Subways, Subways, Subways!), Slogans (Buck a beer!) or feel good euphemisms (Folks!).

They were more concerned about their brand, their ideology than they were about doing their job well. For years it was all about finding efficiencies and saving money but at what cost?

And a disturbing amount of people were stupid enough to vote for them. We get what we deserve.

This is the VaccineHuntersCanada discord chat this morning.

If the failure lies with the Feds, it's not shown in the numbers of people who can't easily access a vaccine.

The system is broken. Because Ford.

View attachment 313629

Not that there isn't a problem. But Ontario is the most populous province, and this discord is primarily english. Not surprised to see the concentration be Ontario as a result.

Also, I just joined it and Ontario is at 300.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.32.33 PM.png

Not that there isn't a problem. But Ontario is the most populous province, and this discord is primarily english. Not surprised to see the concentration be Ontario as a result.
Alberta's population is about ¼ of ours, Quebec is ⅔. Alberta *also* just opened up AZ to 40+ late last night, too. Shouldn't their numbers reflect that? Nope. Can't "this is Trudeau's fault" this one. Blame lies squarely on captain buck-a-beer.

Also, I just joined it and Ontario is at 300.
They closed off for maintenance at 10:38, booting everyone out. It'll take a while for it to repopulate.

You just watch - he is going to blame the Feds when the supply invariably runs out after relaxing the restrictions for the 40+ cohort - even knowing full well that the supply, while increased, is still limited.

You are meeting a mini-Trump here - willingness to burn down their own jurisdiction to stay in power.

AoD

Last edited:
You just watch - he is going to blame the Feds when the supply invariably runs out after releasing the restrictions for the 40+ cohort - even knowing full well that the supply, while increased, is still limited.

You are meeting a mini-Trump here - willingness to burn down their own jurisdiction to stay in power.

AoD
Maybe he should, y'know, actually release the 900k+ "buffer" to cover for it?

It's not money, Dougie. It won't accrue interest if it goes unused.

You just watch - he is going to blame the Feds when the supply invariably runs out after releasing the restrictions for the 40+ cohort - even knowing full well that the supply, while increased, is still limited.

AoD

Right on cue:
Colin D'Mello CTVNews
@ColinDMello

NEW: Premier Doug Ford, who has not been seen publicly since Friday, has issued a statement on a potential delay in AstraZeneca this month. The premier has reached out to officials in Denmark, the U.S., Norway, the EU and India for additional vaccines for Ontario.

Readout of the call to Danish Consulate:

DoFo: It's me, I need your vaccines.
Danish Consulate: Who are you?
DoFo: Premier of the Centre of the Universe in Ontario, don't you know you f-wit?
Danish Consulate: Just a moment please. <checks Wall Street Journal>
<clicks - dialtone>
DoFo: Hello, H-E-L-L-O?? Don't make me come and light fireworks in your yin-yang!!!!

AoD

Last edited:
Patrick Brown seems to have rehabilitated himself and, from what I can see, is a pretty effective mayor. Ford, on the other hand, was generally seen as doing quite well at the start of 2020 when covid 'arrived' but it's been a pretty steady downward slide since then - the last 2 weeks has been a vertical drop. His 'over-reach' on non-covid things like Toronto election, MZOs, McVetty's fake university etc has probably marked him for life with MANY MANY people who will now NEVER vote for him (again). If the NDP or Liberals had better leaders the Tories, even without Ford, would not be in contention in 2022
I think he was pretty unpopular heading into COVID. He acted vaguely competent for the first half of 2020 pandemic and his support jumped. It was eroded in the fall and plummeted in the last month or so.

Back