News   May 01, 2024
 127     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 587     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 404     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Hey, don't knock it. Skipping classes in secondary was the only thing that got me through that hellish experience. I left at lunch every Friday in 9 and 10. I skipped a whole month of Italian in 10 because our teacher was gone and the replacement didn't know Italian so I deemed it a waste of my time.
Skipped all Fridays some months in 11 and 12. Etc.
Though, I did graduate with French certificate and an extra credit over the required 32!
And I still got accepted at multiple universities....just goes to show their low standards eh. ;)

I'm now making more money than my entire crew from there and they all finished university.

And Doug is premier.

So, as I said.....don't knock it.

Hey, don't knock it. Skipping classes in secondary was the only thing that got me through that hellish experience. I left at lunch every Friday in 9 and 10. I skipped a whole month of Italian in 10 because our teacher was gone and the replacement didn't know Italian so I deemed it a waste of my time.
Skipped all Fridays some months in 11 and 12. Etc.
Though, I did graduate with French certificate and an extra credit over the required 32!
And I still got accepted at multiple universities....just goes to show their low standards eh. ;)

I'm now making more money than my entire crew from there and they all finished university.

And Doug is premier.

So, as I said.....don't knock it.
Maybe I went to a stricter high school. We had 150 seconds between periods, which was hardly enough time to walk from one end of the school to the other. I had a substitute chemistry teacher mark me late several times in a week without telling me because I had to pack up from music before and didn't run across the school to get there before the buzzer. So, bs detention for me (the vice principal seemed embarrassed to dole it out). I actually around the same time considered dropping that chemistry class because the long term sub told us she had discovered from our real teacher that she had been teaching us bond geometries incorrectly which is why everyone did poorly on the test. I wanted to drop it because I was taking chem for 'fun' and didn't need it for university. Of course, I was forbidden from dropping that class by the principal. Needless to say, that sub and I did not get along well for the rest of the semester.

Doug made his fortune selling stickers, I would never have guessed that would be a thriving business when I was growing up. Go figure.

You must have gone to a stricter school. I wasn't even marked as absent at least 75% of the time I was. And the worst part was that my skipping was entirely systematic. It would be the same class on the same day for a whole semester, for example. Like, duh.

I easily missed 40% of class time during those years. Apparently I didn't need it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

I easily missed 40% of class time during those years. Apparently I didn't need it anyway. 🤷‍♂️
It's amazing the things that seem important in the moment and become immediately irrelevant for the rest of your life. In some ways, university grades are even less relevant than high school. You just need not to get kicked out, whereas high school grades dictate which universities you can attend. In my experience, it is very rare for employers to confirm you even graduated from a particular institution nevermind ask to see the transcript.

It's amazing the things that seem important in the moment and become immediately irrelevant for the rest of your life. In some ways, university grades are even less relevant than high school.
Oddly enough, I had much better grades in university than I did in high school or elementary (even less relevant to anything, sure).

I also barely missed a class. My three language courses (English, French, German) were all mandatory attendance with automatic failure upont attainment of three absences so I didn't.

I think it helped that for the first time in my scholastic career I was enjoying school thoroughly. Absolutely loved uni. So much so that I dropped out! 😁

And I'm still doing fine. Maybe I'll even be premier one day!

Oddly enough, I had much better grades in university than I did in high school or elementary (even less relevant to anything, sure).

I also barely missed a class. My three language courses (English, French, German) were all mandatory attendance with automatic failure upont attainment of three absences so I didn't.

I think it helped that for the first time in my scholastic career I was enjoying school thoroughly. Absolutely loved uni. So much so that I dropped out! 😁

And I'm still doing fine. Maybe I'll even be premier one day!
But did you drop out of post-secondary school after two months?

But did you drop out of post-secondary school after two months?

If I had done that I wouldn't have been able to learn Italian in 10!

Do you know how impressed our server on the patio of a hidden cafe in Rome was when I asked him in his own language where the nearest smoke shop was? That class was worth just that one reaction. For truth.

Does Doug Ford know any other languages?

If I had done that I wouldn't have been able to learn Italian in 10!

Do you know how impressed our server on the patio of a hidden cafe in Rome was when I asked him in his own language where the nearest smoke shop was? That class was worth just that one reaction. For truth.

Does Doug Ford know any other languages?
"Post-secondary" means after high school (Grade 12 or 13).

Back