News   Apr 24, 2024
 961     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I'd have to ask, but from what I recall, he is very inexperienced, has social conservative views, and perhaps unearned conviction of his opinions.

From link.

At the time of his election, he (Sam Oosterhoff{born August 22, 1997]) was in the middle of his first year studying political science at Brock University, which he entered after being homeschooled. After his election, he planned to resume his studies in January 2017 with night classes and summer school.

Is Sam Oosterhoff still enrolled at Brock University (on-line very likely)?

He was lucky to win due to the extreme partisan lean of his riding.

Much of his riding makes up the eastern part of the southwestern Ontario Bible Belt, which stretches along the Highway 3 corridor between Wainfleet and Elgin County. It is full of conservative and evangelical churches. It includes Aylmer, home of a notorious anti-masker religious figure, while Haldimand-Norfolk and southern Oxford County have some of the lowest childhood vaccination rates in the province.

Good column in the Globe about Laurentian's situation.

An assertion is made that while it has made some poor choices of its own; the general starvation of University budgets in Ontario (forcing reliance on foreign students) may be at the heart of the problem.

I recently go this 'reminder' from the Ontario Liberals Subject: Proud and Prejudiced!

Last week, the Proud Boys were designated as a terrorist organization in Canada after storming the US Capitol building in January. This means any involvement with the Proud Boys could have serious criminal and financial consequences.

You might be wondering why we, a provincial political party, are talking about a decision made by the federal government about a group involved in an event in the United States. We're talking about this because Ontario has been impacted by the efforts of this group before.

In 2018, the Proud Boys told their supporters to support Doug Ford's leadership bid and when he became Premier, they named Doug Ford "Proud Boy of the Month" and hoped he would "Make Ontario Great Again".

Doug Ford may not support the Proud Boys, but they certainly support him. We must stand up to the politicians these groups support and overwhelmingly vote them out of office. If you agree that the influence of the Proud Boys has no place in Ontario politics, add your name today.

I recently go this 'reminder' from the Ontario Liberals Subject: Proud and Prejudiced!

Last week, the Proud Boys were designated as a terrorist organization in Canada after storming the US Capitol building in January. This means any involvement with the Proud Boys could have serious criminal and financial consequences.

You might be wondering why we, a provincial political party, are talking about a decision made by the federal government about a group involved in an event in the United States. We're talking about this because Ontario has been impacted by the efforts of this group before.

In 2018, the Proud Boys told their supporters to support Doug Ford's leadership bid and when he became Premier, they named Doug Ford "Proud Boy of the Month" and hoped he would "Make Ontario Great Again".

Doug Ford may not support the Proud Boys, but they certainly support him. We must stand up to the politicians these groups support and overwhelmingly vote them out of office. If you agree that the influence of the Proud Boys has no place in Ontario politics, add your name today.
I received a similarly worded e-mail from the Ontario NDP. They also condemn the Proud Boys and their endorsement of Doug Ford.

:rolleyes:
We must stand up to the politicians these groups support and overwhelmingly vote them out of office. If you agree that the influence of the Proud Boys has no place in Ontario politics, add your name today.

This is offensively dismissive of people's intelligence.

Then again, I suppose most people aren't intelligent enough to find it offensive.

Carry on.

Oh!

Also, no March break until April....

March break should be cancelled this year. Probably summer holidays too.

My community Facebook group is full of complaints about the March break decision. I can’t image the uproar if it were cancelled altogether

Oh!

Also, no March break until April....

Should do what Doug Ford did when he was in school...

new-spine.gif

From link.
(skipping classes)

Attachments

• 1613083251561.png
    1613083251561.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 147

Back