News   May 01, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 324     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 355     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

That’s because chiropracty is 95% bullshit and 5% physiotherapy. Or maybe it’s just subluxations of my spine causing me to say such things.

I dunno. Works for me on a semi-regular basis, but many in the profession don't do it any favours. I knew one who professed they could help cancer and heart disease. Mine will say 'nope, gotta see a doctor' for certain complaints. Chiro, physio, acupuncture have their place for certain ailments. A buddy has had five back surgeries and finds physio and acupuncture works, another swears yoga has helped him recover from surgery on both shoulders. Whatever works.

I dunno. Works for me on a semi-regular basis, but many in the profession don't do it any favours. I knew one who professed they could help cancer and heart disease. Mine will say 'nope, gotta see a doctor' for certain complaints. Chiro, physio, acupuncture have their place for certain ailments. A buddy has had five back surgeries and finds physio and acupuncture works, another swears yoga has helped him recover from surgery on both shoulders. Whatever works.
Sure, but individual experiences are anecdotal. my own first experience with a chiropractor was also a good one, but his practice was physiotherapy-oriented, and he also had degrees in pathology, microbiology and education. He did EMS on my feet to help with my arches and had me do (proper) exercises to help after a broken ankle.

The history of Chiropracty itself is less than stellar however. It started after D. D. Palmer adjusted a man’s spine and claimed it cured his deafness. Palmer himself was huge into pseudoscientific hoodoo.

There’s no medical training involved in chiropractic and a “doctor of chiropractic” is not a medical degree. The main theory behind it is that tiny misalignments of the spine lead to any manner of ailments and diseases. They coopted the proper medical term “subluxation”, despite the fact that true subluxations are incredibly painful dislocations of vertebrae, but chiropractic “subluxations” are so minute that they cannot be measured or viewed by any modern equipment.
It’s made worse by the fact that scientific studies have shown chiropracty does almost nothing for people, with the small exception of lower back issues of which medical or physiotherapeutic treatments produce similar or better results. Chiropractic training still teaches the subluxation concepts.

But chiropractic adjustments *can* cause damage to the spine and in some cases, stroke/arterial damage or even death.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/reference/chiropractic/

Last edited:
Oh man, I love those jokes about people in certain situations asking if there's a doctor in the room/on the plane/etc and a chiropractor stepping forward only to be laughed away by those asking/the injured/dying party.

Oh man, I love those jokes about people in certain situations asking if there's a doctor in the room/on the plane/etc and a chiropractor stepping forward only to be laughed away by those asking/the injured/dying party.

There is always time for a follow up question as to whether there is a priest on board.

AoD

Ok, has anyone else noticed that the new licence plates are a bit of a fail at night?

I was driving back from up north earlier this evening and noticed that the translucent white swoosh on the background of the new blue plates is reflective which makes it impossible at certain angles to read the plate characters. I kid you not.

Did they not test these before mass production?

They're pretty cool otherwise.

Sure, but individual experiences are anecdotal. my own first experience with a chiropractor was also a good one, but his practice was physiotherapy-oriented, and he also had degrees in pathology, microbiology and education. He did EMS on my feet to help with my arches and had me do (proper) exercises to help after a broken ankle.

The history of Chiropracty itself is less than stellar however. It started after D. D. Palmer adjusted a man’s spine and claimed it cured his deafness. Palmer himself was huge into pseudoscientific hoodoo.

There’s no medical training involved in chiropractic and a “doctor of chiropractic” is not a medical degree. The main theory behind it is that tiny misalignments of the spine lead to any manner of ailments and diseases. They coopted the proper medical term “subluxation”, despite the fact that true subluxations are incredibly painful dislocations of vertebrae, but chiropractic “subluxations” are so minute that they cannot be measured or viewed by any modern equipment.
It’s made worse by the fact that scientific studies have shown chiropracty does almost nothing for people, with the small exception of lower back issues of which medical or physiotherapeutic treatments produce similar or better results. Chiropractic training still teaches the subluxation concepts.

But chiropractic adjustments *can* cause damage to the spine and in some cases, stroke/arterial damage or even death.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/reference/chiropractic/

But of course my experiences are anecdotal, as are those of every other client of a medical service. If whisky gives me a headache or Ibuprofen helps it go away, works for me regardless of scientific study. I've been in debilitating pain for several days (usually starts on Friday as luck would have it) that drugs do not touch, and after usually two, sometimes three sessions, it goes away. I find physio will often get me to the same place but will take a lot longer.

My guy does no manipulations. Virtually his entire mode of practice uses a small air-operated 'thumper'

Maybe you should try to keep this up?

Have been since university where, if anything, they slapped a sense of thinking straight into my head....and the heads of almost everyone attending classes. Carleton U represent! @Admiral Beez knows what I'm saying.....also, he'll enjoy your joke even more than I did.

Touche though....I know I laughed. ?

Under the OMG, WTF banner of moves by the Ford gov't........

As noted in the link below, these types of schemes have a terrible track record.

1581960428298.png

Underlying article link here: https://www.catholicregister.org/item/31137

Back