News   Mar 28, 2024
 535     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 411     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 751     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

We are stuck with Ford for awhile,

But given that it's Ford, how "awhile" is "awhile"? If anyone can monkeywrench "awhile", it's Ford.

Remember: this whole issue wouldn't have been breached were it for Tavernergate. (And when I said "it'd be interesting", I wasn't directly predicting that he *would* be deposed this year. However, by this time next year, particularly if Ford continues being Ford, who knows...)

Surely this would do...

112DF358-F60E-447C-B6BB-A64426DFDB15.jpeg

Sexual conduct probe at OPP

the criminal allegations were levelled at one now-retired senior officer and claimed current senior officers swept the concerns under the carpet.
The officer who made the complaint said an outsider was needed as commissioner to send a positive message to the rank and file.

All we need to be reminded of is what Doug thought of "having enough to eat at home" - nevermind his excuses about delaying the sexual misconducts revelations at his office - to take it seriously as his raison d'etre. It's like expecting fresh breath from brushing your teeth with a toilet scrubber.

Speaking of which, I wonder which reporter from which paper was promised preferential access for not following up on catching Taverner at DoFo's office.

AoD

Last edited:
All we need to be reminded of is what Doug thought of "having enough to eat at home" - nevermind his excuses about delaying the sexual misconducts revelations at his office - to take it seriously as his raison d'etre. It's like expecting fresh breath from brushing your teeth with a toilet scrubber.

Speaking of which, I wonder which reporter from which paper was promised preferential access for not following up on catching Taverner at DoFo's office.

AoD
Global tv reporter - it's in Blair's letter

Speaking of the Ford government having a good day.............let's have a look at the Globe and Mail editorial shall we.................

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...e-must-investigate-how-ford-government-hired/

Relevant passages right at the beginning:

*bold is my emphasis*

"On Monday, Ron Taverner is scheduled to be installed as Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police. That must not happen.

If Ontario Premier Doug Ford has any respect for the integrity of the justice system, he will put this appointment on hold and give an investigation time to clear the air.

As for Toronto Police Superintendent Taverner, if he wants to preserve his reputation as a police officer of more than 50 years, he will decline to be sworn in. To do otherwise would destroy public trust in the independence of the OPP."

From the Star:

Ron Taverner was considered for other top jobs with province, sources say

Speaking of the Ford government having a good day.............let's have a look at the Globe and Mail editorial shall we.................
---
As for Toronto Police Superintendent Taverner, if he wants to preserve his reputation as a police officer of more than 50 years, he will decline to be sworn in. To do otherwise would destroy public trust in the independence of the OPP."

These are not individuals who cares about upholding neutrality and public trust. To appeal to their sense of honour is barking up the wrong tree.

AoD

Last edited:

Back