News   Jul 03, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 259     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Pearson Airport Terminal LINK (Cable Car)

One thing I have noticed though is that they jip you, as they make the NJ commutter rail ticket very expensive going to Penn NY Station, vs other stations (ie. the next station is only a fraction of the price).

Do you have something personal against the Roma? (Gypsies) I wouldn't imagine you saying that "...I have noticed though is that they Jew you...".

Something to think about.

Whether the term "gyp" is offensive or not is a subject of controversy... certainly not like the term "Jew" which is known to be offensive.

The word "Jew" isn't offensive in and of itself. A person of Jewish origin is a Jew.

^ thanks for clearing that up.

So, uh... People Mover...

"People Mover"? You mean, a rickshaw operator? First Jews and Gypsies, now Chinamen; derogatory stereotyping is addictive...;-)

On a slight tangent: on my outward journey to England and on my return yesterday I didn't have to take the little bus out to the satellite for a change. We departed, and returned, through the main building. That "hammerhead" pier thingy looks pretty darned near to completion too.

When I used the airport some weeks ago, the people mover moved over my head as the TTC bus was approaching Terminal One. I was quite excited at the time to see it in action.

building babel mind if I ask which airline you were on.
My friend used Air Canada last summer and had to take that bus to that infield terminal when going to London.

I got shunted through the infield terminal in late February on my way back from Heathrow on AC. If I hadn't just gotten off a transatlantic flight, I might have found the bus tour of the airfield downright cool.

thenay:

Air Canuck to Heathrow.

Now I kinda miss the 'Casablanca'-esque thing when the little bus stops and a huge 'plane rolls past.

I've taken the infield shuttle bus 10 times or so now and have always enjoyed the ride, though I think knowing that it was temporary helped. How else would you be able to get such great views of the ongoing construction, airport facilities, and the Gimli Glider parked at the terminal? I know I'm in a very small minority.

Within the past year (can't remember when) a number of new gates opened at T1 along the other side of the first pier (E) including some international. Some flights still use the infield terminal, but now some don't. There's no way of knowing what you'll get until you show up at the airport.

oh ok, thanks cdl42 :) I figured some airlines might have moved or sumthin from the temp terminal. I personally would like the bus ride b/c of the views of the terminal but I know some would find it an annoyance.. lol

I used to fly AA and AC from the US and get shuttled to the infield terminals. I changed to Contential and now I never get bused - unless their is construction.

Back