News   Jul 17, 2024
 224     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 783     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 628     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Much appreciated Ramako! What an absolutely beautiful picture that I'll have to frame:D I owe you mister and will have you over for coffee and dessert once my place is up. I promise:)

Sept 2

IMG_sept-02-09-0130.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0131.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0147.jpg

Hummm!!!! new traffic lanes to allow the existing curb lane to be use for this development
IMG_sept-02-09-0148.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0151.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0152.jpg

IMG_sept-02-09-0153.jpg

I really like the colour of the glazing used on this project. When the towers are completed they will look really nice (IMHO).

The only thing I am not sold on is the podium colour.

Drum- Thanks for the pics!

Pretzel- I agree, but I think the podium will look a little more decent
once all that construction material/advertisements are gone and the
greenery kicks in.

Did anyone receive the recent offer with The Florence suite? It's such
a great deal that I can't wait to buy it:rolleyes:

The drywall frames are being installed from the 5th floor and up on the west tower. There's also now a construction office in one of the podium suites on the ground level, west corner side.

I really like the colour of the glazing used on this project. When the towers are completed they will look really nice (IMHO).

The only thing I am not sold on is the podium colour.

I think the towers look nice...but the podium, I just can't get into it. I don't know what shape the white surface will be in 10 years from now.

hmmm... what to say about these towers? I like the glazing on the towers. Other than that, not too sure. I dont think that two rectangular towers on top of a podium was the best choice here. The development somehow looks awkward on this tight lot. I could see something that had setbacks and terraces facing the lake working better. In any case, I would never consider living here - being surrounded by traffic noise and pollution 18 hours a day. I'm intersted to see how the finish off the concrete facing the Gardiner...

hmmm... what to say about these towers? I like the glazing on the towers. Other than that, not too sure. I dont think that two rectangular towers on top of a podium was the best choice here. The development somehow looks awkward on this tight lot. I could see something that had setbacks and terraces facing the lake working better. In any case, I would never consider living here - being surrounded by traffic noise and pollution 18 hours a day. I'm intersted to see how the finish off the concrete facing the Gardiner...
I don't mind the pollution, makes me feel alive! :D

I dont think that two rectangular towers on top of a podium was the best choice here. The development somehow looks awkward on this tight lot. I could see something that had setbacks and terraces facing the lake working better.

A terraced tower block would of looked a lot better but I understand why they went with two. Let's face it, it's positioned inbetween a highway and a freeway.

Here we go with the negativity again:rolleyes: Yes, Park Lake is located between two highways, but as I mentioned before, the 399 acre High Park
is located meters away. Almost every condominium is built in somewhat of
a polluted area, especially in downtown.

This week, I'm working again at The Richmond condos and I can't believe
people here have the nerve to make such negative remarks about Park Lake's design, more so concentrating on the podium. The Richmond's entire "body"
is filled with the white stucco/concrete material and contains brown tinted windows looking as if they've been derived from the 80s. Do you think Electric city condos look any better? Palace Pier? Windermere by the Lake looks quite lovely, although the tint of the glass looks tired and apparently was supposed to be another color.

I can give a rat's behind that PL is located between two highways. Having
the Lake and high park literally steps away is unheard of. On top of that, no other building can be constructed in the surrounding area.

Alright, enough of my venting after seeing a few comments here:p

The initial reason why I wanted to post today was because of the following...

-The glass balconies are finally being installed! They look fantastic.
-Prices of the available inventory have just increased:rolleyes:
-I had another convo with a Jamaican fellow who's been working
at the burger place for 15 years telling me that he's seen the blue print
of what they're likely going to be building there. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but he said that the children's playground is going to be moving further east eventually and the burger joint is going to be demolished. Apparently, a 3,000 sq foot retail building is going to be replacing it. We'll see what happens in the next few years.
-Some of the podium suites look very close to being completed, as I seen
them with doors, frames and finished painted walls.

you think Electric city condos look any better? Palace Pier?

Josef ... in all due respect I agree that for what its worth, Park Lake turned out decently (particularly since Pemberton ususally does a crappy job) ... but I think you may have pushed it a little too far if you tried to compare Park Lake with Palace Pier, that is a very big mistake, Park Lake is not even in the same league as Palace Pier

To answer the question, Palace Pier + Palace Place definitely looks a lot better than Park Lake ;), IMO these two brown tinted towers are timeless~

The last time I headed into the core by car was on Saturday (the 19th), and while I passed by workers were applying a white stucco-y coat to the concrete mass that faces the Gardiner. That surprised me somewhat - it's quite the hulking wall - I thought it was due to be clad in frosted glass, replete with the attendant mullions to help break it up more. Anyone care to expound or expand upon that?

Back