News   Jul 08, 2024
 447     2 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 419     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 911     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

I'm hopeful that Park Lake will turn out to be a much better product than Be Bloor, which was built by some unknown builder and was marketed as an 'affordable' product ~

New update on the PL site:rolleyes: Let's just say its romantic and blue;)

well ... the 'romantic' aspect is slightly questionable :p LOL

park_lake.jpg

Is that u and ur partner, Josef? :D

Not quite Ric;)

So, it seems as if the West tower construction is being put a little bit on hold for the East tower to catch up in terms of the windows and so fourth. They clearly want the both to be somewhat ready at the same time. I believe also that there's going to be at least one lake view gallery suite (not sure which one) that's going to be eventually ready for clients to see.

Massive trailers and trucks in front of Park Lake today. I'd say there's about 6. I'm baffled as to what they're doing! They couldn't be taking down those construction elevators, but now that I think about it, could they be installing the steel frames for the regular elevators? I'll find out this afternoon as I'm going to the lake for a walk.

haven't seen those trucks, but looking forward to knowing why....
What do u think of that wooden blue Burger shack SMACK DAB in front of PL??

I am 11th floor so not too impacted but it is not exactly a 'kewl' looking shack....

New Pictures

The crane on the west tower has been taken down. The east one has been left in place (as at 5pm anyways).

Attachments

• IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 239
You beat me to the post Stephen! Thanks for the photos. If you take a closer look, you can see some of the construction equipment. There was so much traffic on Lakeshore due to the blocked lanes. Based on the amount of trailers, I was assuming they were going to take both cranes, but as you mentioned, only one has been taken down today. They also installed some type of mini elevator behind the west tower to likely install the rest of the glass panels on the concrete.

Moe, the blue shack is hideous. I was speaking to a Jamaican fellow that wasn't the owner, but has been working there for quite a while. I asked him why they didn't paint the place white so its not so much of a sore eye and he mentioned that they avoid that colour as it promotes graffiti. He also was telling me that the city plans to move the new playground further east as well as whatever else is there. I doubt that's true though. I'm a big fan of the playground though. It's brand spanking new and I enjoy going on the swings.... uhh, I mean I enjoy watching the children go on the swings;)

Playground I like, I will even join u on the swing :D but the hideous shack's gotta go:mad: There must be something we can do about it...
Did you say the owner doesn't like graffiti? LOOOL
Jokes, that would be VERY counter-productive :rolleyes:

Done deal!:p

Commencing installing of the windows on the West tower, 17th floor. The East tower is doing pretty well too!

What a spectacular photo Ramako! Thanks very much for that. You made my day:D That picture can only have been taken from Palace Pier.

Despite PL being between both highways, the amount of trees from High Park definitely counteracts any additional pollution in the area. Too bad we can't see the lake, but perhaps you can take another photo down the road for us. I feel bad for some residents of Windermere by the lake having obstructed view because of PL, but unfortunately that's part of life. Those poor townhouses need additional trees in the back of their homes, as that empty grass space serves no purpose at all. You can't even walk your pets on it!

NXT has advertisements stating, "Move in Spring 2010"....not happening.

Back