Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

That's a good email written to them. Maybe we should be calling the actual property manager, since Victor or Vandyk doesn't seem to care.
Never seen the property manager guy or their site super ever, just Victor and the cleaning people.

People using the gym from the neighbouring apartments? That's crazy. If I had a good indication they weren't a resident, I would tell them I am going to contact the police because they are trespassing.

Gym should surely be 24/7.

I didn't know they were not from our building (and still don't know 100%)... until i saw them walk out and walk down the street. I have been contacting the president of the Skywater - his name is Harold.

Speaking of security, do we have security? I don't even know. I haven't seen any phone numbers listed. aka if there are trespassers inside the building... anyone we can call?

And are there cameras in the hallways? I think there may be some in those small smoke detector-looking things but i'm not certain.

Considering its a brand new building and Vandyk is still there, I don't think it would be so much trouble for them to program the door properly without having to go through Skywater only.

There are kids in the building, they could have been checking out the gym and then going down the street for walk or to the park, who knows. Everytime I have been in there so far, it seems like a resident to me, people with gym clothes coming in, at least I think they were residents lol.

Not sure if we have actual mobile security at all or not. The building does have cameras and I think there is one right in the lobby near the gym. Maybe the gym door needs a sign on it, 'Residents only, no tresspassing'.

There should be no trespassing in the building period.all video cameras go the the security room in the parking garage close to the elevator lobby.as far as this guy Harold goes I've tried calling him several time about a few different thing and go voicemail each time.last night when I found out my dryer wasn't working both the superintendent and property manager where nowhere tobe heard from.so now I'm stuck with wet cloths.what would happen in case of emergency?
I did leave a nice voicemail for Harold letting him know how shitty of a job skywater has done so far and that once a board is formed that I would do everything in my power to have them replaced with a more compatant company.
And I think we should all voice our opinions in the matter so that something will start happening around here!

There should be no trespassing in the building period.

i agree. no need for signs - it will just look ugly. the doors should be kept closed and locked. can't be that hard.

Further to security - when i first moved in (2nd week of occupancy for the entire building - there was almost no one around) some guy on the 3rd floor came running down the hallway after he saw me and asked who I was. I told him I just moved in. He introduced himself as "security" + a name I cant remember. He said he saw me come down the hallway and around the corner, and hadn't seen anyone move up there yet and was concerned I may be a trespasser. At the time I thought he was serious about being security... and assumed there must be cameras, which is how he saw me come all the way down the hall and around the corner... the same guy also blocked my car in once with his truck when I parked on the roundabout/fire route and told me I'm not allowed to park there. I know which unit he resides in, but I have no idea if he's actually security or not...

Considering its a brand new building and Vandyk is still there, I don't think it would be so much trouble for them to program the door properly without having to go through Skywater only.

There are kids in the building, they could have been checking out the gym and then going down the street for walk or to the park, who knows. Everytime I have been in there so far, it seems like a resident to me, people with gym clothes coming in, at least I think they were residents lol.

Yeah, that's my point. All I said was they seem like non-residents. But considering that door should be locked, it should deter non-residents from coming in as well as helps prevent our gym from getting robbed. Simple request, should help resolve the issues at hand.

They should have turned on your dryer/washer to see if it works before leaving.

Never encountered a security guard before, maybe they were here when it was under construction still? If he lives in the building though, that's odd.

I am sure if we wanted security/concierge it could be had eventually, but then maintenance fees would go up. I don't think its warranted in a building like this, but properly locked doors is surely needed.

I'd like to know when the condo board is being organized and a meeting is being held and so forth.

They should have turned on your dryer/washer to see if it works before leaving.

Never encountered a security guard before, maybe they were here when it was under construction still? If he lives in the building though, that's odd.

I am sure if we wanted security/concierge it could be had eventually, but then maintenance fees would go up. I don't think its warranted in a building like this, but properly locked doors is surely needed.

Yes, I agree. At first I had no reason to believe he wasn't security. But now I have no idea.

Yes, I agree. At first I had no reason to believe he wasn't security. But now I have no idea.

There was security during construction and up-to about the end of March. He was mostly hanging out in the party room then (which was being used as the office) and wore a uniform (Intercon I think). I believe he also drove a grey hatchback...so no idea who the truck guy was. Probably just the neighbourhood watch ;);)

Sounds like someone has been removing peoples door hangers from their suites, that's what I received in an email.

Last edited:
Was the e-mail sent to everyone in the building? I never got it, nor the one about the outlets being replaced.

No idea, I was blind copied on it. Might have just been people from units they were planning to work on.

Was the e-mail sent to everyone in the building? I never got it, nor the one about the outlets being replaced.

The outlet email was sent to everything, and I'm guessing the other was just those affected as I didn't get it.

Everytime I am in the gym, a real estate agent walks in to show people the place, so annoying.

Everytime I am in the gym, a real estate agent walks in to show people the place, so annoying.

is the security fob thing not working yet?

got a couple emails yesterday after CCing 3 people:

"I appreciate your concerns please direct them to property management for review and resolution." - Vandyk
"Thank you for notifying us. I will forward this to our VP of construction as well as the management company for immediate action." - Vandyk
"The developer is having the access control people out to reprogram the door. It was not done properly from the start." - Skywater
"I met with the developer about some issues last Thursday. James was not at that meeting, hence the confusion." - Skywater

Back