Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Mine seemed like it was barely on when I looked at it. If your bill is from the heater, I am not looking forward to Winter bills.

yeah, that heater is the culprit on my bill as well. The main factor contributing to higher bills is the on-peak hours (red section - much higher rate). I had a crap load of on-peak during the first couple months before i turned the heater off. In the past month however is predominantly green.

1192 kWh... and I was only there one week less than you lol.
I only swapped out 5 bulbs to higher efficiency ones. run dishwasher once a week. washer/dryer once a week.
AC runs @ 20-22 deg from 530PM-7AM (all day on weekends when Im home).
TV (60" plasma) and/or stereo is on every day for 2-3 hours.

Not sure where else you could be going wrong. I don't spend a great deal of time at home though.

Last edited:
damn util room heater

elec.jpg

Attachments

• elec.jpg
    elec.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 240
Hi Mark024, it's on the main logon screen for Enersource at the bottom

Thank you, but apparently if you pay through that route they charge you $5.95 "convenience fee" per $250 or something. So they'd charge me $11.90 to pay that method. It's supposed to be available from within the customer portal. I will call them @ lunch and let you guys know.

So it looks like the terrace is being locked at 7 or 7:30 now too ! What exactly are these maintainance fees for , seems as though the amenities are not available most if the time?

So it looks like the terrace is being locked at 7 or 7:30 now too ! What exactly are these maintainance fees for , seems as though the amenities are not available most if the time?

no way. that's ridiculous! both gym and terrace should be available to us 24/7. What a joke.

So we're paying $35/month to rent the water heater, like $50-$75 a month during the cold months to heat the utility room, then the electricity costs to heat the water (electricity way more expensive than gas)...

Niceee :eek:

Thank you, but apparently if you pay through that route they charge you $5.95 "convenience fee" per $250 or something. So they'd charge me $11.90 to pay that method. It's supposed to be available from within the customer portal. I will call them @ lunch and let you guys know.

Yeah I had to pay that fee too...couldn't find any CC payment from within the account section.

So we're paying $35/month to rent the water heater, like $50-$75 a month during the cold months to heat the utility room, then the electricity costs to heat the water (electricity way more expensive than gas)...

Niceee :eek:

hopefully someone in here forgets to turn the heater back on in the winter and we'll learn whether it's an absolute necessity to have it on during the winter lol.
but yeah, some pretty asinine planning by vandyk.

Why are you guys paying the bill through the Enersource website?
Just add Enersource as a payee in your online banking profile for whichever bank you deal with and pay it that way, that's what I did for Enersource and Reliance. No fees that way.

Terrace shouldn't need to be locked at all, at least not that early. Maybe they are concerned with all of the people partying and bringing alcohol on to it.

I might just do that with the heater and see what happens. Maybe the room can be insulted even more, who knows.

Why are you guys paying the bill through the Enersource website?
Just add Enersource as a payee in your online banking profile for whichever bank you deal with and pay it that way, that's what I did for Enersource and Reliance. No fees that way.

Terrace shouldn't need to be locked at all, at least not that early. Maybe they are concerned with all of the people partying and bringing alcohol on to it.

I might just do that with the heater and see what happens. Maybe the room can be insulted even more, who knows.

I got the bill yesterday and it's due Monday..... Didn't have $400 to spare at the moment hahah

And they spray foamed the utility room so it should be insulated as good as it can be

whoever "they" are, they are not the owners of the building, and thus their opinion doesn't mean s**t. It's up to us collectively (via the board) to decide the times (if any). The same way the train makes noise on the south side of the building, the value of the units on that side likely are less valuable. Same goes for being next to the gym, party room, front doors, terrace, etc. You get what you pay for. Everyone else in the building paid for their units, and pays the maintenance fees for the unit as well as the complementing amenities that come with it. I certainly looked at the gym and terrace as one of the features before deciding to buy my unit.

Sorry to break it to you (not you specifically zzz, but to whoever requested for these common areas to be locked), but what happens if you're bothered by the sound of the train? You sell your unit. And the person who may be interested in buying your unit will not pay as much for your unit as they would for the side which has less train noise. Same goes for not liking where your unit is in the building due to surrounding amenities.

Last edited:
Hi Mark024, it's on the main logon screen for Enersource at the bottom

View attachment 14849

turns out you were right, n3ak. I called Enersource and it's their shitty website that doesn't allow you to pay your bill from within the portal once logging in. You have to be logged out to pay via credit card... and they charge the $5.95 surcharge per $250 regardless of whether you have an online account or not. (And yes, I was sure to let them know what a joke that is).

Paving happening next Wednesday - all cars need to move on Lolita or the building next door by 7am. I already know I'm going to forget and get my car stuck in the underground ;)

Back