Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

If you pullout the bottom drawer and look inside, you can see the plug is just a bit too high to fit underneath, if it was a bit lower it would probably fit in the gap.
I thought to meet code, it has to have the ability to be unplugged from underneath like that? Well at the moment, it can't, the stove would have to be pulled forward a bit still.

Apparently code says:

Box should be in centre of opening for stove.
Centre of box should not be more than 130mm (5.1") above floor.

Unless something has changed, it's weird they would have screwed that up ahha

It looks really sloppy and stupid the more I look at it!
Where did you find the wording?

It looks really sloppy and stupid the more I look at it!
Where did you find the wording?

Code:
26-744 Supply connections for appliances
(1) Electric heating and cooking appliances shall have only one point of connection for supply.
(2) Where an electric clothes dryer having an input in excess of 1500 W at 115 V but not exceeding 30 A
is intended to be installed in a dwelling unit, a receptacle of CSA Configuration 14-30R, as shown in
Diagram 1, shall be installed for the supply of energy to the appliance.
(3) An electric clothes dryer having an input in excess of 1500 W at 115 V but not exceeding 30 A, and used in
a dwelling unit, shall be cord-connected by means of a cord and attachment plug of CSA Configuration
14-30P to the receptacle referred to in Subrule (2).
(4) Where a free-standing electric range, having a calculated demand of 50 A or less, is intended to be installed
in a dwelling unit, a receptacle of CSA Configuration 14-50R, as shown in Diagram 1, shall be installed for
the supply of electric energy to the appliance.
(5) The receptacle required by Subrule (4) shall be permitted to be connected to a branch circuit rated at not
less than 40 A.
[B](6) The receptacle required by Subrule (4) shall be installed
(a) above the finished floor at a height not exceeding 130 mm to the centre of the receptacle;
(b) as near midpoint as is practicable, measured along the floor line of the wall space intended for the
electric range; and[/B]
(c) with the U-ground slot orientated to either side.
(7) In a dwelling unit, a free-standing electric range having a calculated demand of 50 A or less shall be
cord-connected by means of a cord and attachment plug of CSA Configuration 14-50P.
(8) Appliances that are intended for connection by a wiring method as specified in Section 12 shall be
permitted to be cord-connected using an attachment plug and receptacle.
[B](9) The receptacles required by Subrules (2) and (4) shall be flush-mounted wherever practicable[/B].

Bought a natural gas bbq the other day, seems the connector it came with won't fit over the gas hookup pipe on the balcony without an adaptor.
Anyone else have this issue? Sucks if I need to buy another attachment.

Bought a natural gas bbq the other day, seems the connector it came with won't fit over the gas hookup pipe on the balcony without an adaptor.
Anyone else have this issue? Sucks if I need to buy another attachment.

Yup I had to but a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer/step-down as well.

Also don't forget to get some pipe-dope or yellow/orange (gas rated) teflon tape and test connections with soapy water.

Yeah, that's what I was told to do. Where did you buy it at? I was at home depot last night before it closed, but couldn't find it in the bbq section, most likely in a different aisle?

Nevermind, got a 3/8 flare and a 1/2 by 3/8 connector.

Last edited:
Your stove goes in all the way to the wall? Mine sticks out around 2 inches from the end of the counter. Only way to solve it would be a recessed outlet in the wall or if the end of the cord wasn't so bulky, it would probably look a bit more flush. I wish the outlet was installed a bit lower, the end of the cord may have been able to go under the bottom of the oven.

my outlet hasn't been swapped out yet and the stove sticks out about 2 inches... we'll see if it makes a big difference post swap.

It will probably look the same, I just didn't really pay much attention to it before, but started looking at it after the swap.
They are really lazy to have it look like that.

My email to Vandyk/Skywater this morning:

"The key fob access for the gym does not work. I've seen people on a number of occasions in the gym who do not live in our building.

Apart from non-residents using the gym facilities, it would be smart to have the gym locked in case someone decides to remove gym equipment. Given that the main doors are wide open half the time this wouldn't be particularly challenging. As far as I'm concerned this is negligence on the behalf of the builder/manager for not providing secure-only access to the gym. Please resolve asap."

"The key fob access for the gym does not work. I've seen people on a number of occasions in the gym who do not live in our building.

Apart from non-residents using the gym facilities, it would be smart to have the gym locked in case someone decides to remove gym equipment. Given that the main doors are wide open half the time this wouldn't be particularly challenging. As far as I'm concerned this is negligence on the behalf of the builder/manager for not providing secure-only access to the gym. Please resolve asap."

james @ vandyk has since replied and let me know it's on Skywater

Yeah, still unlocked last night. I've seen people come to the building on foot and go in the gym...probably from the apartments or something.

I also noticed that if you use your key during the day, the light turns green but at night, it stays red. I think the hours are gonna be something like 6am to 11pm when they finally sort it out.

Yeah, still unlocked last night. I've seen people come to the building on foot and go in the gym...probably from the apartments or something.

I also noticed that if you use your key during the day, the light turns green but at night, it stays red. I think the hours are gonna be something like 6am to 11pm when they finally sort it out.

i was told it's 24/7. i just want to cut back on the outsiders. i've tried to do a workout where there was an old guy with 2 kids running around and jumping on tread mills and rolling the balls around. after they were done playing they walked out the door and down the street. ridiculous.

That's a good email written to them. Maybe we should be calling the actual property manager, since Victor or Vandyk doesn't seem to care.
Never seen the property manager guy or their site super ever, just Victor and the cleaning people.

People using the gym from the neighbouring apartments? That's crazy. If I had a good indication they weren't a resident, I would tell them I am going to contact the police because they are trespassing.

Gym should surely be 24/7.

Back