Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

They didn't do anything in my unit again. How many visits to do nothing could possibly be needed? I would think inspecting once or twice and then come back to do the work would be enough...

Had a Skywater letter on my door.

They didn't do anything in my unit again. How many visits to do nothing could possibly be needed? I would think inspecting once or twice and then come back to do the work would be enough...

Had a Skywater letter on my door.

Yeah everyone got the letter from Skywater with contact info. I guess they read this topic hahha

Was still unlocked last night.

gym was locked yesterday evening - Keyfob now required. Well done, team.

I did find out however, that the unit next to the gym has been complaining about noise from the gym so the gym will no longer be 24 hours... but 7AM-10PM :( - terrible.

There's a washroom adjacent to the gym, they are hearing stuff from two units over?? Unless they are kind of across the hall? Probably shouldn't have bought a unit beside the lobby!

Should be 24/7. I am not a shift worker, but they should have the option to use their gym whenever they wish to.
If not, should be something like 6AM-11PM.

7AM is kind of tight if people are going before work and 10PM seems too early. Aren't noise by-laws in affect after 11PM?

Last edited:
There's a washroom adjacent to the gym, they are hearing stuff from two units over?? Unless they are kind of across the hall? Probably shouldn't have bought a unit beside the lobby!

Should be 24/7. I am not a shift worker, but they should have the option to use their gym whenever they wish to.
If not, should be something like 6AM-11PM.

7AM is kind of tight if people are going before work and 10PM seems too early. Aren't noise by-laws in affect after 11PM?

Yeah, not sure who complained. maybe the unit above? Either way, this is something that can be changed (presumably) once the condo board is established. That gym is way too small for it to only be open 15 hours. Need to be able to spread it out so more people can use it.

It's probably the unit beside. I think the area with the treadmills shares a wall with the unit, so it's probably pretty loud. You'd think Vandyk would have made sure the gym was sound proofed.... I'm guessing it's only the treadmills/TVs that the units are hearing as everything else should be pretty quiet. Too bad we can't disable both after 10-11pm, so people can still use the elliptical/bike/weights whenever. I guess that would be too hard to implement/enforce, but maybe it's an option.

7am-10pm sucks though. I leave for work before 7, and am usually too tired to work out at night. Plus if there is more than 1-2 ppl in the gym, it's so cramped and stuffy. There is also only one bench so if someone is using it, you're out of luck.

It's probably 10pm (and not 11pm) cause people will go in right before it closes and stay for ~1 hr.

Last edited:
They do read this thread I sent a link to victor who in return notified everyone else , seems like the ball is rolling now!

It's probably the unit beside. I think the area with the treadmills shares a wall with the unit, so it's probably pretty loud. You'd think Vandyk would have made sure the gym was sound proofed....

Lol yeah, considering I can hear everything from neighbouring units and from the hallway, from within my unit I'm not particularly surprised. Soundproofing not a strong suit for vandyk.

For those who got your Hydro bills, did anyone find it too high? Mine is insane hahaha over $400! I haven't used my heat/AC, hardly home, use LED bulbs, haven't used oven yet etc.

For those who got your Hydro bills, did anyone find it too high? Mine is insane hahaha over $400! I haven't used my heat/AC, hardly home, use LED bulbs, haven't used oven yet etc.

I'm assuming you got hit with the $150 deposit then. Mine was $160 (somewhat expected)+the $150 deposit (stupid).
Enersource will waive the deposit if you:

A) provide a letter of reference from a previous hydro company
B) set up pre-authorized payments
C) I don't recall the third option.

I'm just gonna go Option B, I suppose.

I'm assuming you got hit with the $150 deposit then. Mine was $160 (somewhat expected)+the $150 deposit (stupid).
Enersource will waive the deposit if you:

A) provide a letter of reference from a previous hydro company
B) set up pre-authorized payments
C) I don't recall the third option.

I'm just gonna go Option B, I suppose.

Yeah I will probably to do as well.

I don't get how I used 1910 kWh of power though. For a small 600sq condo in spring...that's nuts.

I guess I'll have to see if next bill is anything like that

Third option is credit check I think.

Mine wasn't that bad, but only billed from April to mid-May. I think it was 600 something kWh. Deposit plus setup fee equals over $150 right there.
I did run the A/C on most hot days and used the dishwasher at least once a week.

Didn't you say your baseboard heater was blasting in your furnance room? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. If that's the case because of their stupid heater our Winter bills will be high.

Third option is credit check I think.

Mine wasn't that bad, but only billed from April to mid-May. I think it was 600 something kWh. Deposit plus setup fee equals over $150 right there.
I did run the A/C on most hot days and used the dishwasher at least once a week.

Didn't you say your baseboard heater was blasting in your furnance room? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. If that's the case because of their stupid heater our Winter bills will be high.

That might be it...

I show a big drop since May 23, which was when the baseboard heater was turned off. Nothing else has really changed since then...

79638369.jpg

Mine seemed like it was barely on when I looked at it. If your bill is from the heater, I am not looking forward to Winter bills.

Back