910     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 814     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

Budget 2021, page 106:

1616617813551.png

That is good news. Maybe by the fall the Northlander will be back.

What does 5 Millon pay for?

Is that for Algoma Central as well?

It likely pays the cost of getting the old coaches up to par and any track improvements needed.

ACR is not part of it, at least not for now. If they do bring that back, they should try to get something back on the HCR as well. Have a trail connect North Bay to SSM via Sudbury.

That is good news. Maybe by the fall the Northlander will be back.

It likely pays the cost of getting the old coaches up to par and any track improvements needed.

ACR is not part of it, at least not for now. If they do bring that back, they should try to get something back on the HCR as well. Have a trail connect North Bay to SSM via Sudbury.

What do you make of the reference to Timmins?

You missed the use of the verbs “examine”, “design”, “develop options”, and ”plan”.... that means in a Fall, but not this Fall.

- Paul

I didn't miss anything. I hate to say this, but I have my doubts it will be put back in service before an election, but I have hope.

What does 5 Millon pay for?

Is that for Algoma Central as well?
The CN Soo (ACR) is not mentioned in the Transportation Plan. There is a FN-led group trying to restore passenger service.
What do you make of the reference to Timmins?
Probably simply a reference because it is a major city in the northeast. I agree that, should passenger rail be restored, it would likely be served by a bus shuttle as before. The line is still in place beyond the Kidd site to a Hydro TS but it is in really bad shape and major road crossings have been severed (or at least paved over). West of the Hydro site parts of the ROW no longer exist.

You missed the use of the verbs “examine”, “design”, “develop options”, and ”plan”.... that means in a Fall, but not this Fall.

- Paul

The whole thing reads to me as a stalling tactic.

I'd be happy to be wrong.............

Nippising would be the only riding that matters.The rest of the ridings in northeastern Ontario won't change colour.
SSM also could be in play. If the PCs deliver this, they could use it to hold on to that seat by showing they care about the north.

Back