News   Mar 28, 2024
 207     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 213     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 273     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Any changes to the rules for singles? Absent any specific mention, I think no.

Maybe discouraging roadtripping, which would cause people to travel and potentially spread within Ontario. My cousin decided to road trip to BC a while ago with his girlfriend. I'm not sure where he is right now...
My mate and I were planning our first motorcycle trip of the year on Sunday from Pickering to around Gravenhurst and back. We don’t get close, bring our own thermos coffees and unload same in the woods. So we saw no reason not to go, until Ford said he’ll have roving patrols of cops demanding papers and justification of why we‘re away from home. So, trip canceled. Instead I‘m spending the weekend building my new Dragonforce D65.

AlvinofDiaspar, I don't mean to pester you (or anyone else). I'm just frustrated and angry and I've got relatives in other countries whose experiences are giving me a different perspective on what's going on here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vic
People need to grow up a bit and realize a) everyone in the world wants vaccine, b) there is production limit - and we don't make any and c) you need to control spread until vaccination is mostly complete. Refusal to follow pandemic restrictions and unwise premature reopening lead directly to the current situation. You are salivating looking at US or the UK? They make their own (and US isn't exporting anyone any), and UK went mostly AZ, which we don't really want. Other countries (particularly non-OECD ones) with higher vaccination rates? They are using Sputink or Sinovac, which we do not want. No amount of complaining and wishful thinking will change this reality.

AoD

Actually Mr. Trudeau did want the Sinovac vaccine except the Chinese reneged on the deal. By the way even by Chinese estimates the Sinovac is not very effective. He completely backed the wrong horse and now goes on about how many vaccines we've order like somehow the quantity ordered somehow makes up for being late to the party. Allowing the original virus to enter the country was dumb. Allowing the variants of concern to enter the country, especially with a low vaccine supply, is unforgivable. The man should resign (or at least apologize as he is very big on that...when he is apologizing for what others have done). Oh and accepting the COVAX vaccines intended for poorer countries is shameful. But then again he is the leader of a country committing genocide (his words not mine).

Why is this stupid f---- ing cop not wearing a mask? I have to wear mask by law outdoors on construction sites, but cops don't?

And hugging mask-less strangers while on duty during a pandemic!!!!! Wow just........ wow. I would be fired on spot for doing this. This like something stupid you would expect to see out of Florida.

Actually Mr. Trudeau did want the Sinovac vaccine except the Chinese reneged on the deal. By the way even by Chinese estimates the Sinovac is not very effective. He completely backed the wrong horse and now goes on about how many vaccines we've order liked somehow the quantity ordered somehow makes up for being late to the party. Allowing the original virus to enter the country was dumb. Allowing the variants of concern to enter the country, especially with a low vaccine supply, is unforgivable. The man should resign (or at least apologize as he is very big on that...when he is apologizing for what others have done). Oh and accepting the COVAX vaccines intended for poorer countries is shameful. But then again he is the leader of a country committing genocide (his words not mine).

Sure, he wanted it; he didn't get it - and there is no evidence we weren''t able to get other vaccines as a result this supposed "betting on the wrong horse"" as if that's the only horse on the market that we bet on. I agree we should have tightened our border further - but to just rely on the border and not our own public health is precisely why things went south. Remember when the cluster of the UK variant popped up in Barrie? What has been done to urgently contain it? We pretended it wasn't an issue after it wiped out a nursing home, knowing cases are still loose in the community, didn't bother much with contract tracing and opened up when it is still on the loose. No border control can save you from stupidity like that.

Anyways, none of what you have said changed anything about the fundamental scarcity of vaccines, that it will take time to fully vaccinate the population - and the only way out is controlling the spread until everyone is reasonably protected. We can whine all we want about Trudeau, but at this juncture COVID is here, what are you going to do about it in Ontario? Whine about it some more, say vaccines, vaccines, vaccines, do nothing to effectively control the spread and have it blow up totally out of control? That's exactly what's happening - I am sure giving you an extra million dose a month ago wouldn't have changed that outcome if that's what your modus operandi was (just like a miraculous appearance of an extra 1M doses now wouldn't have saved your bacon fast enough either).

AlvinofDiaspar, I don't mean to pester you (or anyone else). I'm just frustrated and angry and I've got relatives in other countries whose experiences are giving me a different perspective on what's going on here.

Sure it is frustrating, but look - we don't want draconian restrictions (like Australia); we don't want invasion of privacy (like China); we don't want certain vaccines (like the US - just look at the teeth gnashing we have over AZ); we don't want to suffer economic consequences of closing our workplaces and our borders; we don't want to suffer short term for long term benefits; and we couldn't make vaccines ourselves There is simply no such thing as wanting your cake and eat it too.

AoD

Last edited:
Why is this stupid f---- ing cop not wearing a mask? I have to wear mask by law outdoors on construction sites, but cops don't?

And hugging mask-less strangers while on duty during a pandemic!!!!! Wow just........ wow. I would be fired on spot for doing this. This like something stupid you would expect to see out of Florida.

This actually didn’t shock me. It’s probably more common than we would like to admit. There was that picture with the two cops posing with that famous anti-masker from Vaughan.

During shutdown (which I support), we should be permitted to exercise outdoors. This includes recreational cycling. However, parks should not get crowded. Though Pokémon Go's popularity is waning, we should allow those players to play as long as they don't congregate.

There are many of us who take photos of buildings and infrastructure under construction.

As long as we socially distance, we should not be penalized for taking photos.

And the Marjorie Taylor Greene moment of the day goes to...

Last edited:

Back