News   Jul 15, 2024
 468     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 575     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

This is absolutely ridiculous. You have to mask up on public transit, and in Ontario universities with high vaccination rates, but elementary school kids cramped in a poorly ventilated classrooms, with low vaccine numbers and on school buses don't have to mask up. 🤷‍♂️

The way things are in Ontario, remind me of the point of school boards. Either empower them to operate their schools, or do away with them.

Not one, but two demonstrations by trash yelling "Freedom!" today on Bloor St., a mere two days before the mask mandate ends.
Exile them to Russia!

There, they can have all the сво́бода (svoboda) they want. After all, Russia is the ideal country for them.

Свобо́да means "freedom" in Russian and the anti-vaxxers' definition of freedom is parallel to what Putin calls сво́бода.

Our apartment building notified us that masks will remain in place until Apr 1 per the Toronto bylaw.

Personally, I'll be glad to not wear them anymore.

The City of Toronto by-law expired today in conjunction with the changes made by the Province.
However, individual buildings or businesses can maintain a mask mandate - though it would be hard to enforce. In our condo, we decided to drop the mask mandate as of today but continue to encourage restricted numbers in the elevators. From a few casual observations, most residents seem to be keeping wearing masks in the building today. I now carry one with me and only wear it if I see someone!

My previous building is keeping their mask mandate (still have some friends living there), but my condo is is dropping masking, and elevator capacity. I'll keep wearing my mask for the next little while.

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.48.19 PM.png

Just came back from grocery shopping at Manulife (where masking and elevator restrictions are gone), and I saw only a couple of people without masks.

Just came back from grocery shopping at Manulife (where masking and elevator restrictions are gone), and I saw only a couple of people without masks.

I noticed on my daily walk earlier that it is hit or miss. Inside Union Station this morning almost everyone was wearing a mask, same with the Starbucks at Queen and John. While the mask mandates were removed, there seems to be some pressure to continue wearing them.

I am not an anti-masker but I find it less constricting with a mask on and would prefer to go without. That being said, if I walk into a Starbucks or other location where everyone else is wearing a mask I will do the same.

Inside the condo where I work, masks are not required and people could not take them off fast enough.

Similar experience at the Metro at Shopper's World.

Probably 80 people in the store including staff....

I would say not more than 8 without masks, and maybe less.

Went to Shoppers this morning, only a few without masks and one of the cashiers was maskless. At Starbucks everyone in line was masked, except two cops. Went to the Bramalea City Centre this afternoon, 50% of the people were wearing masks.

other jurisdictions which have dropped mask mandates saw use decline over a week or two following the lifting of the mandates - many simply aren't aware they don't have to any more.

Give it two weeks, by April most people probably won't be wearing them any more.

Back