News   Jul 15, 2024
 441     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 587     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 569     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I'm 43 have all the flu-like symptoms called telehealth phones crashed after being on hold for 4hrs couldn't get through to them again. So I used the Maple service to speak to a doctor virtually. Was told I don't have Covid-19 but that I just have "some sort of stomach virus". I pushed to see if I can get tested because I would like confirmation I was told I don't qualify for testing limited tests are reserved for vulnerable people and health care only.

So I'm self isolating then. I can only imagine how many people out there have this but can't get tested! The numbers being reported are so far off mark.....

I'm 43 have all the flu-like symptoms called telehealth phones crashed after being on hold for 4hrs couldn't get through to them again. So I used the Maple service to speak to a doctor virtually. Was told I don't have Covid-19 but that I just have "some sort of stomach virus". I pushed to see if I can get tested because I would like confirmation I was told I don't qualify for testing limited tests are reserved for vulnerable people and health care only.

So I'm self isolating then. I can only imagine how many people out there have this but can't get tested! The numbers being reported are so far off mark.....

Not ideal, but not the end of the world so long as you maintain self isolation.

AoD

I shamed a 24 hour gym on social media earlier this week.

Value Village is finally shutting its doors after being shamed on social media.

My USA suppliers are closing...

Screenshot_20200320-161059.png

I shamed a 24 hour gym on social media earlier this week.

EB Games is pure garbage today - huge lineups for Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal.

Insane. I have ordered mine from Amazon and it is arriving a bit later next week - I will live.

AoD

Last edited:
In another interesting turn from the Premier.............the 3-month waiting period for OHIP coverage for anyone out of province more than 7 months is being waived.

Last edited:
In another interesting turn from the Premier.............the 3-month waiting period for OHIP coverage for anyone out of province more than 3 months is being waived.

I am glad they have also cancelled renewal of OHIP and Driver's License - mine expires next month.

AoD

Without making light of this public health emergency in anyway, I'm somewhere between amused and encouraged to see multiple public and private institutions/businesses drag themselves into the modern age.

My landlord has long accepted debit, or pre-authorized rental payments, but wouldn't let a tenant pay electronically through their bank for one-off payments.

As they have now closed their rental office to tenants for social distancing, they have decided its ok after all.

They are also allowing tenants to sign up for pre-authorized rent deduction w/no credit check or application (I don't see why this wouldn't have been the norm given that the tenant was already the tenant......but w/e)

On top of which, they just launched on-line work orders.

All the while we have universities who should always have had options for students to keep up with course material online; or the ability to live-stream a class; who are now moving to facilitate just that.........

Employers are suddenly much more flexible on WFH, for obvious reasons........

But many who simply weren't set up for it, have moved heaven and earth to make it possible in a short time.

While businesses that had deferred getting e-commerce up and running are launching platforms in record time.

I wouldn't trade a single life for those modern conveniences. But I'm still grateful/bemused to see them.

Last edited:
A good piece from The Atlantic on the virus, its nature and origins.

Back