News   Jul 15, 2024
 484     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 579     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

All the while we have universities who should always have had options for students to keep up with course material online; or the ability to live-stream a class; who are now moving to facilitate just that.........

Fully agreed on this, this is way overdue. As someone with a full time career, I don't want to have to quit my job to take university or college courses just because I have to physically go and sit in a class. It's an antiquated approach in a 24/7 world that needlessly punishes those who want to upgrade their skills but can't due to career/family commitments. Lectures should be live-streamed for those enrolled who can't physically attend, and should be downloadable along with course materials to enable flexible study hours.

We have the technology!

For those with links to labs, chemical companies or relevant academia.............

CIHR IHDCYH

@CIHR_IHDCYH

Attention all researchers in

Flag of Canada

!
@PHAC_GC
has an urgent need for reagents for #COVID19 testing. The National Microbiology Lab (NML) is specifically looking for the items below. Please DM us for details + share this message widely!

1584744133960.png

Antibody test
For those with links to labs, chemical companies or relevant academia.............

CIHR IHDCYH
@CIHR_IHDCYH

Attention all researchers in

Flag of Canada

!
@PHAC_GC
has an urgent need for reagents for #COVID19 testing. The National Microbiology Lab (NML) is specifically looking for the items below. Please DM us for details + share this message widely!

View attachment 237222

ELISA test is coming - at last!!

Laurie Garrett

@Laurie_Garrett

·
21h

At last! An ELISA antibody test for #COVID19 ! Created by a multinational team, measures presence of antibodies against #SARnCoV2 virus. Key point: PCR tests only go + if you have virus in you at test-time. Antibody test tells if you were EVER infected. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.0

AoD

My mom cuts my hair and she lives 10 minutes from me, so no, I am not worried. If necessary, my wife could do it too, as I keep it very short.

In some good news, my wife will be paid next week, even though she can' do her job. After that, I think we might have to apply for EI.

Last edited:
Something which crossed my mind which may be of significant impact to people in certain neighbourhoods with lots of restaurant closures is that the rats that are gonna get hungry with all those empty food dumpsters, so they will go out far and wide looking for food and quickly learn that with everyone cooking at home, their green bins are overflowing with delicious food scraps. Expect the neighbourhoods that already have rat problems to see it get much worse, and the neighbourhoods next door to inherit some of it.

Some articles about the ongoing experience in Europe:

Coronavirus: Starbucks Canada switching to drive-thru, delivery only

By Staff The Canadian Press

Starbucks says it will close in-store service for company-owned cafes in Canada for at least the next two weeks because of the novel coronavirus.

The coffee chain will offer only drive-thru and delivery service

Starbucks says some exceptions will be made for stores serving in or around hospitals and health care centres.

The chain previously announced it was removing seating from its cafes and temporarily closing stores in “high-social gathering locations” such as those in shopping malls and on university campuses.

Back