News   Jun 25, 2024
 638     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 683     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Well that - as much as it is wrong, it is theirs to do however they wish regardless of what we or anybody else want.

AoD
Agreed. But no one should be fawning over the US doing so well vaccinating their population, and criticizing Canada, without keeping in mind that the US has been abusing the privilege of having global vaccine capacity in their jurisdiction.

Agreed. But no one should be fawning over the US doing so well vaccinating their population, and criticizing Canada, without keeping in mind that the US has been abusing the privilege of having global vaccine capacity in their jurisdiction.
Who says Canada wouldn't hoard our vaccines if produced here? We're being criticized for taking vaccines from COVAX.

I don't think we will be getting much AZ vaccines from the Serum Institute for a LONG while (and honestly, rightly so):

The line for the new cases is almost vertical - like 2, 300K new cases a day.

AoD

This is so horrific. India's death toll is so bad they are burning bodies in the streets. The double mutant variant is taking over the country.

Gas and firewood furnaces at a crematorium in the western Indian state of Gujarat have been running so long without a break during the COVID-19 pandemic that metal parts have begun to melt.

“We are working around the clock at 100 percent capacity to cremate bodies on time,” Kamlesh Sailor, the president of the trust that runs the crematorium in the diamond-polishing city of Surat, told the Reuters news agency.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 11.18.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 11.18.51 AM.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 75
Oh this ain't good. After the double mutation, Indian states are now reporting triple mutation, meaning 3 different Covid 19 strains combining to form a new variant

Time to ban flights from India to Canada.

I shudder to think what sort of post-mortem will be done on this pandemic once it is all over. I can see Covid-19 being a turning point in history in terms of medical and planning the same way 9/11 changed global air travel.

I shudder to think what sort of post-mortem will be done on this pandemic once it is all over. I can see Covid-19 being a turning point in history in terms of medical and planning the same way 9/11 changed global air travel.
This is easily one of the biggest historical events since the end of the cold war. I'd say it will have more lasting impact than 9/11.

Oh this ain't good. After the double mutation, Indian states are now reporting triple mutation, meaning 3 different Covid 19 strains combining to form a new variant

Time to ban flights from India to Canada.

Time to ban travel, period - banning flights to and from India is insufficient when it will invariably spread to another locale that we didn't institute a travel ban from (that's how it spread to us originally - not direct from China, but through third party countries)

AoD

Last edited:

Back