News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 805     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Here's my situation, for anyone who cares.

*Everyone in my family in Israel is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in the States is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in Montreal is vaccinated
*All of my friends in Montreal are vaccinated
*All of my friends and associates in Toronto are vaccinated
*All of my close friends friends in Toronto are vaccinated

Me?
The postal codes to the east, north and south have been deemed high risk. The one to the west is mostly offices. My postal code has been leapfrogged over.
I'm on 2 waiting lists, with Rexall and Shoppers, just to get appointments to get AZ. Pfizer and Moderna are completely out of reach. I'm 50.

Of all my contacts, close and extended, nationally and internationally, I'm the last person to be vaccinated.

Yep. My family in Hungary, London, Frankfurt and San Diego have all been vaccinated while I am still waiting.

Even my friends in Manchester are surprised people my age have not been vaccinated when she has been and she is younger than I am. I am very much considering leaving Canada permanently so I can be vaccinated sooner.

If I go to Hungary I can be fully vaccinated before the end of July whereas here I will likely get my first dose in June and the second in October.

Even my friends in Manchester are surprised people my age have not been vaccinated when she has been and she is younger than I am. I am very much considering leaving Canada permanently so I can be vaccinated sooner.

Umm, aren't we being a tad dramatic, here? If you really wanted, you could book a flight to the US and get vaccinated, then come back.

Umm, aren't we being a tad dramatic, here? If you really wanted, you could book a flight to the US and get vaccinated, then come back.

Not really, I was planning to leave anyway and I prefer to get vaccinated overseas rather than hold up my plans by another year.

I don't think we will be getting much AZ vaccines from the Serum Institute for a LONG while (and honestly, rightly so):

The line for the new cases is almost vertical - like 2, 300K new cases a day.

AoD

I don't think we will be getting much AZ vaccines from the Serum Institute for a LONG while (and honestly, rightly so):

The line for the new cases is almost vertical - like 2, 300K new cases a day.

AoD
If only there were millions of doses of AstraZeneca sitting unused somewhere...

If only there were millions of doses of AstraZeneca sitting unused somewhere...

True, but it will run out now that people are rushing to get them (and I think the message was sent out in March that we won't be getting any for some time - Doug didn't read it). In any case, even more Pfizer than originally planned will be coming in May onward.

AoD

Well then, you're not leaving because of the vaccine.

Actually, I wanted to be vaccinated here but the rollout is so slow I decided not to wait. My reason for leaving is two fold. One for a change and two because I want to get vaccinated before October.

True, but it will run out now that people are rushing to get them (and I think the message was sent out in March that we won't be getting any for some time - Doug didn't read it). In any case, even more Pfizer than originally planned will be coming in May onward.

AoD

I was actually referring to this:

Not to mention, these could also be going to other more deserving countries in South America.

Back