News   Apr 26, 2024
 58     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 401     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I'm really hoping the rollout actually speeds up in May as promised. Almost everyone I know in my postal code seems to be getting appointments, but no matter how much time I invest into trying to find one, I can never find anything at all. What should have been something that gave me some hope has become something that's nothing more than endless frustration and disappointment.
If you're 40+, call all the Shoppers and Rexall locations in your area. Call independent pharmacies too. Don't rely on any online registration system. Call.

If you're under 40, you'll have to stick it out but at least you're under 40, which has it's advantages.

If you're 40+, call all the Shoppers and Rexal locations in your area. Don't rely on their online vaccine registration systems. Call.

If you're under 40, you'll have to stick it out but at least you're under 40, which has it's advantages.
Yeah, I'm 31 so all I have is limited spots at the local pop-up clinics. I'm hoping next week will be better.

Toronto-based alt-right YouTube clone Rumble is home to many of the top anti-vax videos:

Apparently, it would require at least a few thousand direct deaths for Rumble to take down those videos.

Unfortunately, my immediate family members are Rumble subscribers and no amounts of facts can convince them otherwise.

Fortunately, they understand the dangers of COVID-19 and wear masks on a regular basis, unlike the vast majority of Rumble subscribers who only believe in COVID-19 after they die from it.

Why the heck are we still allowing flights from India?
We no doubt have health care workers over there. Roving teams from Red Cross, etc. Even guards going along with vaccine shipments.

I have no problem keeping airports open, as long as every single person has to quarantine until they have two consecutive negative tests (after three days of quarantine) or two weeks, whichever comes first. The problem seems to be the will to actually fully enforce that.

If someone comes over with raging B.1.617 variant Covid but is forced to quarantine until they're no longer contagious, it stops there. My point was you can't just shut them off and it's the enforcement that's the problem. There will always be a legitimate need for travel.

We no doubt have health care workers over there. Roving teams from Red Cross, etc. Even guards going along with vaccine shipments.

I have no problem keeping airports open, as long as every single person has to quarantine until they have two consecutive negative tests (after three days of quarantine) or two weeks, whichever comes first. The problem seems to be the will to actually fully enforce that.

Easier and more certain just to say no flights and closed land borders for most but the truly essential - it is clear enforcement for post-landing is always going to be lax and porous - and a huge suck on the health resources the we can find better uses for.

AoD

Easier and more certain just to say no flights and closed land borders for most but the truly essential - it is clear enforcement for post-landing is going to be lax and porous.

AoD
True, but as we've seen with our own Provincial government, what's "essential" seems up to a wide-range of interpretation.

If someone comes over with raging B.1.617 variant Covid but is forced to quarantine until they're no longer contagious, it stops there. My point was you can't just shut them off and it's the enforcement that's the problem. There will always be a legitimate need for travel.

If they can do it during Operation Yellow Ribbon they can do it now. Close Canadian Airspace to everything but Cargo and Military flights. Shut down VIA Rail. Watch how fast the case numbers drop.

I just saw on the news that there is a patient in Quebec, who was already in isolation, who has been identified with this variant.

If they can do it during Operation Yellow Ribbon they can do it now. Close Canadian Airspace to everything but Cargo and Military flights. Shut down VIA Rail. Watch how fast the case numbers drop.
You think flights and travellers are mainly spreading this virus? Sure, it's how they get here in the first place. But our third wave wasn't because of travellers, but rather the lax/non-existent social controls. Shutting down travel will have little change on our numbers, I guarantee you.

It won't do a thing to overall numbers - most of the spread is community, not travel. What this does is slow down the arrival of the new strains.

AoD

It won't be a thing to overall numbers - most of the spread is community, not travel. What this does is slow down the arrival of the new strains.

AoD

True but by denying access to new potential cases you can limit the spread. Controls do nothing if people come into the country or travel internally regularly that are sick

Back