News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 798     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Why are there blocks and blocks of open appointments, but almost no notifications going out about it?

My wife got a text from Rexall this morning for appointments tomorrow. They were all gone in an hour.
So they are notifying people about it, just maybe not you.

Because they're shady as all hell? What's the profit in it for them? Zip. FFS, just a few years ago they were found guilty of fixing bread prices!

They are administering a vaccine against a virus that has shut down the world for over a year. I couldn't care less if they are "shady" or saints. Put it in my arm.

My wife got a text from Rexall this morning for appointments tomorrow.
So they are notifying people about it, just maybe not you.

Yeah, you don't live downtown, do you? Funny that this AZ rollout doesn't seem to have much to do with population density as it does an area's likelihood/history of voting PC.

They are administering a vaccine against a virus that has shut down the world for over a year. I couldn't care less if they are "shady" or saints. Put it in my arm.
Sure, but what's their motivation for getting it done?

The point was, why are THEY? Why didn't the province take the last year to set up a central registration system for the pharmacies, or at the very least extend the non-AZ system to cover them, too?

A private company shouldn't have a near-monopoly on treating a health care crisis. But yet, they do.

Yeah, you don't live downtown, do you? Funny that this AZ rollout doesn't seem to have much to do with population density as it does an area's likelihood/history of voting PC.

You do understand that with more density, the less likely you'll be getting called, right?

A private company shouldn't have a near-monopoly on treating a health care crisis. But yet, they do.

They don't.

You do understand that with more density, the less likely you'll be getting called, right?
You understand the province is being given the doses per-capita from the Feds, right? It would appear the rollout is not and has not been done locally per-capita.
They don't.
Duopoly then? Shoppers outnumbers Rexall in Ontario by about 3:1. The two of them account for roughly half of all pharmacies in the province. That also doesn’t count the in-store pharmacies at the various grocery chains owned by Loblaws (Valu-mart, Independent, Fortinos, T&T, Freshmart, No Frills, Zehrs, Real Canadian Superstores, etc.)

Now that it's my turn, the only appointment I've actually been able to successfully make online is for AUGUST.
How were you able to make an appointment for August? I thought Unity Health wasn’t allowing booking of spots until the vaccine is delivered? Only releasing the same number of appointments as doses. A friend in Liberty Village got one of the last appointments and it was for today. Other friends haven’t been able to book an appointment at all.

You understand the province is being given the doses per-capita from the Feds, right? It would appear the rollout is not and has not been done locally per-capita.
So your suggestion would be to only supply downtown toronto with vaccines?

Duopoly then? Shoppers outnumbers Rexall in Ontario by about 3:1. The two of them account for roughly half of all pharmacies in the province. That also doesn’t count the in-store pharmacies at the various grocery chains owned by Loblaws (Valu-mart, Independent, Fortinos, T&T, Freshmart, No Frills, Zehrs, Real Canadian Superstores, etc.)

No. Most vaccines aren't being given out at either Shoppers or Rexall.

How were you able to make an appointment for August? I thought Unity Health wasn’t allowing booking of spots until the vaccine is delivered? Only releasing the same number of appointments as doses. A friend in Liberty Village got one of the last appointments and it was for today. Other friends haven’t been able to book an appointment at all.
It’s a independent pharmacy’s booking system. I selected the soonest date in hopes it gets bumped up.

So your suggestion would be to only supply downtown toronto with vaccines?
Did I say that? It appears you missed the comment about per-capita distribution?

No. Most vaccines aren't being given out at either Shoppers or Rexall.
If it’s an AstraZeneca vaccine, they are. AZ is the only vaccine being offered to the general population (albeit by age cohort).

Here's my situation, for anyone who cares.

*Everyone in my family in Israel is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in the States is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in Montreal is vaccinated
*All of my friends in Montreal are vaccinated
*All of my friends and associates in Toronto are vaccinated
*All of my close friends friends in Toronto are vaccinated

Me?
The postal codes to the east, north and south have been deemed high risk. The one to the west is mostly offices. My postal code has been leapfrogged over.
I'm on 2 waiting lists, with Rexall and Shoppers, just to get appointments to get AZ. Pfizer and Moderna are completely out of reach. I'm 50.

Of all my contacts, close and extended, nationally and internationally, I'm the last person to be vaccinated.

Last edited:
Here's my situation, for anyone who cares.

*Everyone in my family in Israel is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in the States is vaccinated
*Everyone in my family in Montreal is vaccinated
*All of my friends in Montreal are vaccinated
*All of my friends and associates in Toronto are vaccinated
*All of my close friends friends in Toronto are vaccinated

Me?
The postal codes to the east, north and south have been deemed high risk. The one to the west is mostly offices. My postal code has been leapfrogged over.
I'm on 2 waiting lists, with Rexall and Shoppers, just to get appointments to get AZ. Pfizer and Moderna are completely out of reach. I'm 50.

Of all my contacts, close and extended, nationally and internationally, I'm the last person to be vaccinated.

Frustrating I'm sure.

Honestly I am not sure why we have to run everything through SDM/Loblaws/Weston Company nowadays.

AoD

Saw this on Twitter:

1619005440948.png

1619005467755.png

There's some amusing comments in the thread:

Back