News   May 23, 2024
 267     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 490     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I didn’t say they closed every store, but they did close some. I believe Longos did as well. This was back in the early days, however. I don’t recall it happening lately.

Does Rexall have any 24 hour locations?
They do.

This duopoly bulls#it is driving me nuts. Both Rexall and Shoppers sites are failing on a regular basis. On top of that, registering should mean being offering up empty spots to those signed up, right? Notsofast, optimistic one. People are resorting to calling a list of pharmacies to find one that has open appointments. Why are there blocks and blocks of open appointments, but almost no notifications going out about it? I signed up with local Rexall and Shoppers less than 20 minutes after the news went live about it opening up to 40+. Yet, I was hearing reports of a walk-in clinic in a Shoppers locally, no appointment needed. By the time I called, they were almost out of stock. WTMFH.

FFS. I've waited patiently for my turn. I watched the suuuuuper slow rollout for the octogenarians. Watched the seniors get theirs; the 55+ conspiracy theorists and vaccine shoppers shuck off the AZ vaccine for weeks, hearing of stock nearly going to waste because of it.

I watched as things like ADHD and Psoriasis are able to get someone a jab, but unless I have organ damage from my hereditary high blood pressure, no such luck for me!

I've watched as friends in low-density, single-family dwellings get theirs after being labeled a "hotspot", while our rental building on the same block and less than 30 feet from a Unity Health defined high risk zone gets denied because our postal code starts with the wrong FSA. It doesn't matter that our entire building maintenance and management staff (8 or so people, plus their families) are in self-isolation as two of them got diagnosed with Covid last week.

We see hundreds of thousands of doses being kept back as a "buffer" For what? Who knows; it doesn't appear to actually be for vaccinating people.

I hear Doug Ford on the weekend chide people for not being able to find a vaccine, like all Ontarians are drooling idiots incapable of filling in their own names.

Then he refuses help from the provincial government and claims (seemingly falsely) that we're gonna be short-changed AZ while runs and hides from the press.

We've left the vast majority of this AZ rollout in the hands of two half-assed, profit driven companies who have no actual interest in making people aware of their ability to get vaccinated. Now that it's my turn, the only appointment I've actually been able to successfully make online is for AUGUST.

AUGUST!

At this point, I want Doug Ford's head to roll. I really, really mean it.

Not sure why we wouldn't utilize a company so ubiquitous, and with the logistics in place already, to administer a critical vaccine.
Because they're shady as all hell? What's the profit in it for them? Zip. FFS, just a few years ago they were found guilty of fixing bread prices!

Back