News   Jul 05, 2024
 145     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 301     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Forgetting everything else about this, what idiots do this and take photos of it and then share them on social media, or send them out to any other quasi-public space they don't control, like a group text chat? One of them is even wearing a t-shirt with a giant company logo right on it, just in case no one knew where he worked!

Somehow I suspect the companies wouldn't have cared in the act itself, only the actors being caught.

AoD

Last edited:
Ford and his government are entirely to blame for letting the situation deteriorate in the face of clear data... but this also exposes the limits of the health care system we say we love so much. Pennsylvania isn't doing well at the moment - it has a similar number of daily new cases in spite of its smaller population (2 million less than Ontario). But it has more than 3,500 ICU spaces, compared to about 2,000 in Ontario. They won't need to triage patients and send some to their deaths.

Interesting table from 2012 to shed light on this particular discussion:

1618594373892.png

From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551445/

I think the definition of 'ICU bed' varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. It might mean something of a higher standard in one place vs another.

Reactions: DSC
According to this Star article from today's News Roundup, there is:

(Note: But you'll have to pay to access that, sorry.)

...and good question.
It's a disservice to lump the construction industry with factories and food processing plants, of the 20,500 COVID-19 related workplace claims WSIB Ontario reports, only about 600 are from construction related fields.

It's a disservice to lump the construction industry with factories and food processing plants, of the 20,500 COVID-19 related workplace claims WSIB Ontario reports, only about 600 are from construction related fields.
However, WSIB claims are far lower than the number of people infected on the job. By a rather large margin, from what I've seen. I know at least 20 people or more who have been infected, most of them in the workplace. Of those, ZERO WSIB claims.

WSIB Claims =/= Positive COVID cases

Edit: WSIB claims are a terrible correlate to actual workplace injuries, particularly in construction. Out of several dozen workplace injuries that I've personally sustained I've had exactly one claim made, and it was submitted largely against my will. And it's not just me. The WSIB is viewed with extreme suspicion and hostility by a large segment of the building trades. It's just a lousy metric to try to use to prove a point.

I really don't have time for this type of restriction............its outdoors, mostly done w/people in one's own household, its socially distant, its low-risk.

The failure to impose rational restrictions on assorted factories/warehouses etc; on LTC staff, on essential work places like meat-packing.........

Then compounded by low to no-value restrictions that just serve to irritate.

There's a level of foolishness here that's hard to contemplate.

The new restrictions still aren't wide enough, but the stopping of "non-essential construction" is good.

Last edited:
Taking the kids to the park? Be aware of new police powers:

Ontario Sol-Gen Jones makes it clear: if police ask you walking down the street/stop you while you're driving about where you're going, where you live, etc... if you decline to give your info, they can ticket you, $750.

Last edited:

Back