News   Jul 05, 2024
 145     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 301     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

1618605424515.png

The height of illogic here; there is nothing in this likely to ameliorate the situation in the slightest.

I understand the Conservative caucus is seriously ticked at this............(that might be the only thing in its favour)...............I would love to see the NDP introduce a non-confidence motion, and see where the Conservative backbench really is........

Makes sense since we're also having a housing crisis at the same time.

View attachment 313114

The height of illogic here; there is nothing in this likely to ameliorate the situation in the slightest.

I understand the Conservative caucus is seriously ticked at this............(that might be the only thing in its favour)...............I would love to see the NDP introduce a non-confidence motion, and see where the Conservative backbench really is........

I am not sure what the travel curbs are for - considering how much of a hotspot we are, and I don't think he gives an iota about us spreading it elsewhere.

AoD

Doug has been having a hard time identifying sources of spread for months. He likes low hanging fruit. Cases on constructions sites? Close playgrounds.

He hasn't learned a single thing other than blaming others. Fortunately it seems no-one is buying his cr*p anymore. I tuned off his "pressers" ages ago - mostly hot air (at best), lies at worst.

AoD

Last edited:
Ford just stated that Ontario is Number 1 in testing in North America and is busy patting himself on the back for all the firm actions he has taken to date. Different worlds!

FFS:

Shut down construction of anything that isn't a necessary healthcare facility or a health/life safety repair.

Shut down every factory/warehouse except those in the food/medicine business.

In that case, reduce worker density to the minimum achievable while retaining function and impose paid sick days and mandatory screening of staff (daily)

Flip essential retail on its head; mandate 24-hour service to reduce crowding.

Keep the restrictions short so as to induce adherence.

14 days, GO.

Then stop wasting vaccinations............150,000 shots per day, no excuses.

FFS:

Shut down construction of anything that isn't a necessary healthcare facility or a health/life safety repair.

Shut down every factory/warehouse except those in the food/medicine business.

In that case, reduce worker density to the minimum achievable while retaining function and impose paid sick days and mandatory screening of staff (daily)

Flip essential retail on its head; mandate 24-hour service to reduce crowding.

Keep the restrictions short so as to induce adherence.

14 days, GO.

Then stop wasting vaccinations............150,000 shots per day, no excuses.

24 hour service is probably unreasonable on the low-wage workers, who are deemed essential, can hardly say no to working nights without running the risk of getting fired.

AoD

Ford just stated that Ontario is Number 1 in testing in North America and is busy patting himself on the back for all the firm actions he has taken to date. Different worlds!

Yay, we are number one at *something*. What does he want? A prize? Eternal memorialization on someone's gravestone? Pathetic.

AoD

Reactions: DSC
Forgetting everything else about this, what idiots do this and take photos of it and then share them on social media, or send them out to any other quasi-public space they don't control, like a group text chat? One of them is even wearing a t-shirt with a giant company logo right on it, just in case no one knew where he worked!

As is abundantly evident these days, just about everybody. Widely sharing ones stupidity for clicks has become a social norm.

I really don't have time for this type of restriction............its outdoors, mostly done w/people in one's own household, its socially distant, its low-risk.

The failure to impose rational restrictions on assorted factories/warehouses etc; on LTC staff, on essential work places like meat-packing.........

Then compounded by low to no-value restrictions that just serve to irritate.

There's a level of foolishness here that's hard to contemplate.

This makes absolutely no sense. Given that the current order is effective until mid-May, this is going to impact ones of people. Also, who do they expect to enforce it? As the article states, 77% of Ontario is Crown Land, and successive governments have decimating MNRF enforcement personnel.

As for giving the police power to stop people, great. 'Where are you going ma'am?' 'To work'. In terms of border checks, that is going to be a major draw on police staffing and cause significant disruption particularly for the Ontario-Quebec border.

24 hour service is probably unreasonable on the low-wage workers, who are deemed essential, can hardly say no to working nights without running the risk of getting fired.

AoD

Many supermarket staff are covered by union agreements, overnights are generally voluntary {unless you were hired for that purpose) and come with a shift premium.

I would gladly support that staff cannot be compelled to accept said shifts unless they were previously doing them; and that a shift premium be in effect.

Many supermarket staff are covered by union agreements, overnights are generally voluntary {unless you were hired for that purpose) and come with a shift premium.

I would gladly support that staff cannot be compelled to accept said shifts unless they were previously doing them; and that a shift premium be in effect.

Generally "voluntary" on paper, but I have doubts about that (not to mention a good amount of supermarket staff are no longer covered by unions).
Is the issue really people not being able to spread out their time to shop - or is it that they are unwilling to do so?

AoD

Back