News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

It's like the government is panicking, basically threw up their hands and dumped it onto the local providers - saying you figure it out without much thought. We have been reduced to hear-say, relying on connections, etc. That is no way to run a vaccination program. There is nothing wrong not being able to vaccinate everyone at once given demand will outstrip supply, but there is also no excuse as to why things are this chaotic (to the point where appointments in some of the most vulnerable areas - like Scarborough - are getting cancelled). Like you announce an immediate reduction in the age criterion, and yet your own system still isn't ready so many days after your announcement (nevermind that your vaccination sites didn't even know until you announced it publicly - with no details).

Seriously.

AoD
Now if attach a tag (from Doug's family business, Deco Labels & Tags, of course) to each and every vial of vaccine, maybe the distribution would be better...

😄

Last edited:
I think we have too many armchair quarterbacks criticizing logistics. You have some people complaining about safety stock kept in warehouses to ensure supply for clinics, and then you have people criticizing shortages leading to appointment cancellations. Dougie is not intimately involved in the complex supply chain management decisions that are being made here, except at the very highest level.

He is responsible for making announcement on the fly that directly affects eligibility - and eligibility directly affects number of those will can register for vaccination - and that is within the context of a constrained supply. What did he hire that retired general at 20K a month for - the one that quit/discontinued/eased out/whatever literally before the poo hits the fan?

AoD

Last edited:
We are now vaccinating at the same rate as the EU.. I don't compare to the US, because they are hoarding.
we are significantly faster than the EU actually. We are vaccinating about 25% faster right now.

We are per capita at about the same as the US was a month ago in terms of daily doses administered. Ontario has a 7 day average of about 100,000 doses a day - this is equal to the US administering about 2.2 million doses a day.

We'll likely pass most EU countries on doses per capita in the next few weeks. We've already passed a few.

Another thing just crossed my mind - the Federal lead of the vaccine delivery effort - ret. Major General Fortin - didn't quit, didn't complain and soldiered on during the bad news period of late Jan-Feb. I wonder why did our Ontario counterpart just disappeared into the woods when the task is hardly done, and the most challenging part is actually ahead?

AoD

Last edited:
Health Canada says no need to restrict the use of the AZ vaccine https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...-no-need-to-restrict-astrazeneca-vaccine.html
From what I can tell, AZ vaccine appointments seem to be happening about two or three weeks after registering online through the pharmacies' websites, are available to those who will be 55 or older this year, and apparently are not restricted by postal code or occupation -- you don't have to live in a geographic "hot spot".
There have been reports of a few specific Shoppers locations sometimes taking walk-ins, though they are still advising everyone to do it through registering online.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-vaccinated-against-covid-19-in-toronto.html

Last edited:
Shoppers has had some problems with its online booking system, so in my community Facebook group, people are reporting which Shoppers you can walk in to and get a vaccine same day. Pharmacies were never restricted by postal codes. I got mine early on despite not living in the same region as the pharmacy. All they cared about was birthdate (that was when they were restricted to the 60-64 age group with the expiring supply).

Another thing just crossed my mind - the Federal lead of the vaccine delivery effort - ret. Major General Fortin - didn't quit, didn't complain and soldiered on during the bad news period of late Jan-Feb. I wonder why did our Ontario counterpart just disappeared into the woods when the task is hardly done, and the most challenging part is actually ahead?

AoD

Perhaps he got tired of being trotted out as the guy in charge when, behind the scenes, he wasn't, and saw 'scapegoat' added to his future profile.

BTW - Dany Fortin is still serving.

I may not like the source..........but given his romantic attachment to Ford's Director of Media Relations, he's usually a good source of trial balloons.

1618495302364.png

To be clear, the above is in relation to today's cabinet meeting.

I may not like the source..........but given his romantic attachment to Ford's Director of Media Relations, he's usually a good source of trial balloons.

View attachment 312782

To be clear, the above is in relation to today's cabinet meeting.

I fully expect a curfew to be put in place and more restrictions. I would love to see a strictly enforced stay at home order along with actual incarceration for those who violate curfew.

I wonder if the TTC and other large systems will be curtailed to deal with the spread. It would also not surprised if they forced GO to cease ALL (station, bus and rail) operations in order to restrict regional travel and close Union Station. I can even see the TTC being shut down or forced to limit hours in order to restrict travel

I fully expect a curfew to be put in place and more restrictions. I would love to see a strictly enforced stay at home order along with actual incarceration for those who violate curfew.

I wonder if the TTC and other large systems will be curtailed to deal with the spread. It would also not surprised if they forced GO to cease ALL (station, bus and rail) operations in order to restrict regional travel and close Union Station. I can even see the TTC being shut down or forced to limit hours in order to restrict travel

While I think that may well take place.

I oppose it.

There is absolutely no sound science to support it.

All policy actions should be grounded in science, not sadomasochistic tendencies.

While I think that may well take place.

I oppose it.

There is absolutely no sound science to support it.

All policy actions should be grounded in science, not sadomasochistic tendencies.

Oh I agree NL but at the same time I can see where they come from. If you cannot enforce a stay at home order, limit people's ability to travel locally and regionally. Make it difficult for people to get where they are going and they will likely stay home.

Back