News   Aug 15, 2024
 505     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 435     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 439     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I had no problems getting my appointment, I just found it disorganized once I got there.

India just had the biggest single day spike on record. More than 100,000 new COVID cases in a 24-hour period. They are also no where near ready for all ages vaccination.

I am curious how did you book that one and who was running it? I read in The Star about the City run clinics by William Osler which are supposed to be the opposite; they view themselves as offering a "flight attendant service" (their term) as opposed to a "assembly line service". The whole philosophy they talked about was to sit someone down in one single spot and have everything come to them, rather than that person go to all the different service spots in the facility.
It is the major mass vaccination clinic downtown; it's run by the City of Toronto. I registered my husband through the provincal website at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/. To be fair, considering the crowds, I'm not sure the kind of service you mention would work down there.

They were supposed to wear masks. About three people out of 40 thousand had masks on. We should send all the people in Ontario that don't want the vaccine a one way ticket to Texas. Seems to be an awful lot of people who either don't want the vaccine or have vaccine hesitancy... Which will extend this lockdown even longer.
Anti-maskers and antivax people are why we can't have fun stuff.

I agree that they should be sent to DFW.

The TDSB is closing down all schools as of tomorrow.

Not great, but necessary. If only the decision had been coordinated and enacted with advance warning at the provincial level, which is MIA as expected.

AoD

They are more beholden to China now, than they were then.
The US has rejoined the WHO (they still hadn't fully left). As well, the US leaving didn't happen until MayJuly, months *after* the pandemic started, so it has little bearing on the China somehow controlling the border closure recommendations at the beginning of the pandemic.

I am curious how did you book that one and who was running it? I read in The Star about the City run clinics by William Osler which are supposed to be the opposite; they view themselves as offering a "flight attendant service" (their term) as opposed to a "assembly line service". The whole philosophy they talked about was to sit someone down in one single spot and have everything come to them, rather than that person go to all the different service spots in the facility.
My father-in-law got vaccinated at the Thorncliffe Park site and it was very much like the 'flight attendant service' as he sat down and everyone came to him with the various forms, jab, and post-jab checks.

The US has rejoined the WHO (they still hadn't fully left). As well, the US leaving didn't happen until MayJuly, months *after* the pandemic started, so it has little bearing on the China somehow controlling the border closure recommendations at the beginning of the pandemic.
Then being during the SARS epidemic. China has a lot more diplomatic sway these days than they did 15 years ago. China was applying pressure in Jan and Feb not to declare pandemic or recommend travel restrictions. The original question was why the WHO stalled on recommended travel restrictions or advisories, when they did recommend them for places such as Toronto during the SARS epidemic. They probably should have similarly recommended travel advisories for China/Wuhan in January, but did not. Presumably China had an influence on that course of action.

Then being during the SARS epidemic. China has a lot more diplomatic sway these days than they did 15 years ago. China was applying pressure in Jan and Feb not to declare pandemic or recommend travel restrictions. The original question was why the WHO stalled on recommended travel restrictions or advisories, when they did recommend them for places such as Toronto during the SARS epidemic. They probably should have similarly recommended travel advisories for China/Wuhan in January, but did not. Presumably China had an influence on that course of action.
“Presumably” is an assumption with zero proof.

Back