News   Aug 15, 2024
 433     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 434     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

From link.

1617721604471.png

1617721727163.png

Last night, I accompanied my husband to the Convention Centre for his Pfizer vaccine. You line up to get in, you line up to answer health questions and fill out a form, you line up to check in with your health card, and you line up to get the vaccine. The nurse asks you more questions, and then you wait for the syringe to be delivered by someone else. Then you wait in another part of the room for 15 minutes in case there are side effects, and finally you check out with another employee who provides a receipt with all the relevant information about the vaccine.

It's not disorganized, but it's overly complicated and bureaucratic, and one should expect to be standing for an hour with too many people around. Fortunately I had just received my N99 respirators from Vitacore, a BC company.

Apparently, Ontario administered about 76,000 doses yesterday. I don't see them ramping up even though the province now has 1.4 million vaccines ready to go. There has been such a lack of urgency since the beginning of the pandemic. Too many people smoking too many joints, perhaps?

Last night, I accompanied my husband to the Convention Centre for his Pfizer vaccine. You line up to get in, you line up to answer health questions and fill out a form, you line up to check in with your health card, and you line up to get the vaccine. The nurse asks you more questions, and then you wait for the syringe to be delivered by someone else. Then you wait in another part of the room for 15 minutes in case there are side effects, and finally you check out with another employee who provides a receipt with all the relevant information about the vaccine.

It's not disorganized, but it's overly complicated and bureaucratic, and one should expect to be standing for an hour with too many people around. Fortunately I had just received my N99 respirators from Vitacore, a BC company.

Apparently, Ontario administered about 76,000 doses yesterday. I don't see them ramping up even though the province now has 1.4 million vaccines ready to go. There has been such a lack of urgency since the beginning of the pandemic. Too many people smoking too many joints, perhaps?

Maybe this government is all about creating a sense of crisis so that it has someone to blame.

If I was Patty Hajdu and Justin Trudeau I would be telling Ford to use the vaccines or be cut off.

Not cut off from Ontarians - but cut off from the Government of Ontario.

AoD

I had a similar experience taking my mom to get her first shot a couple of weeks ago. I found it to be poorly organized and inefficient. Unfortunately it just reinforced all the common stereotypes of how government initiatives are run. We were quite frustrated.

I am curious how did you book that one and who was running it? I read in The Star about the City run clinics by William Osler which are supposed to be the opposite; they view themselves as offering a "flight attendant service" (their term) as opposed to a "assembly line service". The whole philosophy they talked about was to sit someone down in one single spot and have everything come to them, rather than that person go to all the different service spots in the facility.

I'm hearing the opposite out here in the 'burbs. People say they are in and out quite quickly and it's all very well organized. None of these multiple line ups.

I received my first shot at a pharmacy. No signage as to where to sign in, where to wait, etc. so I found that somewhat frustrating. Bureaucracy and inefficiency in the private sector. 😝

Rangers vs. Blue Jays has largest crowd at U.S. sporting event during pandemic

This was at Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX, which is between Dallas and Fort Worth in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

In that game, the Blue Jays won with a score of 6-2.

They were supposed to wear masks. About three people out of 40 thousand had masks on. We should send all the people in Ontario that don't want the vaccine a one way ticket to Texas. Seems to be an awful lot of people who either don't want the vaccine or have vaccine hesitancy... Which will extend this lockdown even longer.

Since when?! The largest contributor to the WHO is the U.S. Also, where exactly do you think SARS started?

NOTE: as of 2020, the US contributes almost as much to the WHO as the next three countries combined.
They are more beholden to China now, than they were then.

They are more beholden to China now, than they were then.

That maybe, but it really doesn't address the issue - a) direct transmission from China was less of an issue than indirect transmission from Europe to North America back when it mattered and b) we have the sovereign right to close our borders regardless of what the WHO said. We couldn't even prevent snowbirds from travelling to and from hotspots even now, a year after the start of the pandemic.

AoD

Last edited:
... at a pharmacy... Bureaucracy and inefficiency in the private sector. 😝
I've now heard very similar things from three different people (all in their early 60s or late 50s who qualify for the pharmacies). They all registered, then were told to wait and that they would be contacted when an appointment was available. They wait several days or a week or more without being contacted, then hear from others who have already gotten vaccinated and registered well after they did, or even by walking into the pharmacy without an appointment.
Txt_vcn.JPG

Last edited:

Back