News   Aug 08, 2024
 140     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 657     1 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 439     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

If we look at the data in Toronto itself you can see that the North West is the area that is struggling the most with infections. I also note beyond demographic factors this area is adjacent to Pearson. Likely this is a direct link. As travel opens up with more flights I hope Toronto public health and the Province is all over that with regular testing of all people working at the airport, direct channels of communication between the City's covid command and neighbourhood organizations and area building managers, mobile testing directly to the people, a community communication strategy, etc. etc. No more passive, wait and see. Also, effective communication and martialing of resources across Ontario. District health resources should be dynamically pooled. If there is a lull in one district those resources should be martialed to hotspots. Like don't tell me because City of Ottawa public health is under control that their contract tracers and resources aren't working full tilt on cases in the GTA? Or better yet that BC resources aren't being fully utilized in Montreal... oh, wait, I must have fell asleep and started dreaming, I woke up and realized again we suck.

Are you ok?

Seriously......you seem depressed.

Speaking from experience. Be well. :)

Are you suffering from anxiety?

I know we suck. I can't even get a vote in, ffs. You just seem like this whole plague has you down hard.

Some of the world numbers as of today. From link.

1592073365789.png

1592073406083.png

And on the per captia cases per 1M.
1592073522617.png

Ten people at a reception - hardly seems worth renting a venue.
Oh no wedding is in Oct.

In my sikh culture

The wedding ceremony takes place at a temple which has increased limits up to 30% of capacity which would be over 50 people for me.

My reception is planned the next day however I think we may skip to jan feb.

It's a bit awkward to do a party for a wedding a few months later but what can you do.

Yikes....

I have a saying. If you're asymptomatic we can be in close proximity but the moment you start coughing and hacking you can get far far away.

We're all in this together so make the best of a bad situation but the moment you act like an idiot I'm done.

The bagel shop should be shamed and the woman should be identified. Nobody will learn until they are publicly humiliated.

I’m beginning to tire of the news. Is there anything happening that’s not Covid or racial/indigenous/policing justice related? I know the journalism mantra, if it bleeds it leads, but I want to read about something else, and that’s not op-ed.

I know it’s mostly fluff, and still somewhat Covid, but this story was a good read, and gave me a little hope for better times.

Last edited:
Oh no wedding is in Oct.

In my sikh culture

The wedding ceremony takes place at a temple which has increased limits up to 30% of capacity which would be over 50 people for me.

My reception is planned the next day however I think we may skip to jan feb.

It's a bit awkward to do a party for a wedding a few months later but what can you do.

I attended a Hindu wedding a few years back and if there are any similarities, quite elaborate. It struck me as a westerner that there were a lot of seemingly disparate things going on at the same time, whereas we tend have a more linear ceremony. Amazingly colourful.

Back