News   Aug 08, 2024
 140     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 657     1 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 440     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

But at least they got guns and freedom.

Well....about that freedom bit. That's actually just a bit of an exaggeration in the anthem, nothing to take too seriously. Or so say all the kids with criminal records for plant posession.

What do I know? I'm just some guy.

Head of Sienna Living; the LTC operator who fired their VP recently after she was caught speaking ill of residents and their families in the light of Covid..........is out.

On the downside, they replaced her with another real estate/finance guy.

I don't suppose it occurred to them to hire someone with a background in healthcare?

(they did appt someone to their Board with a healthcare background); but that hardly seems adequate.

Head of Sienna Living; the LTC operator who fired their VP recently after she was caught speaking ill of residents and their families in the light of Covid..........is out.

On the downside, they replaced her with another real estate/finance guy.

I don't suppose it occurred to them to hire someone with a background in healthcare?

(they did appt someone to their Board with a healthcare background); but that hardly seems adequate.

The Board is not the first, or second line of defence against operational errors, it's the last. This obsession based on that farcical rigged-data pie chart circulated is a cheap shot and zero-effort criticism based on "corporations are evil!!!!". The board isn't the one you want to change here. Where the fuck were the front-line managers? Some of them need to take personal responsibility here. Putting on the directors, whom all have "directors insurance" to pay any penalty is an easy way for zero change.

More good news on Ontario Covid numbers.

First off a whopping 28000+ tests in 24-hours.

Notwithstanding that, less than 200 new cases (a first), Also smallest case growth yet at 0.58%

Hospitalizations have also declined by 11 to 527; and the number of people in ICU has dropped 6 to 114, and on Vents by 3 to 84.

From John Michael McGrath, this graph of active Covid Cases in Ontario.

1591973622557.png

The Board is not the first, or second line of defence against operational errors, it's the last. This obsession based on that farcical rigged-data pie chart circulated is a cheap shot and zero-effort criticism based on "corporations are evil!!!!". The board isn't the one you want to change here. Where the fuck were the front-line managers?

Right...........sure...........but who sets the priorities? Who sets the pay scales? Who gives the CEO/Senior Management their marching orders?

Board composition is surely not the immediate cause of issues.

But it likely put the wheels in motion by mandating a series of priorities that didn't include proper numbers of properly trained staff, pandemic readiness plans, that were practiced and trained for and a focus on patient health as priority 1.

Last edited:
Right...........sure...........but who sets the priorities? Who sets the pay scales? Who gives the CEO/Senior Management their marching orders?

Board composition is surely not the immediate cause of issues.

But it likely put the wheels in motion by mandating a series of priorities that didn't include proper numbers of properly trained staff, pandemic readiness plans, that were practiced and trained for and a focus on patient health as priority 1.

The front-line managers are TOLD you have only this much to use on front-line workers and only this much on supplies, by the top executives and board of directors and the ministry.

See Ontario Health Coalition at this link.

If we look at the data in Toronto itself you can see that the North West is the area that is struggling the most with infections. I also note beyond demographic factors this area is adjacent to Pearson. Likely this is a direct link. As travel opens up with more flights I hope Toronto public health and the Province is all over that with regular testing of all people working at the airport, direct channels of communication between the City's covid command and neighbourhood organizations and area building managers, mobile testing directly to the people, a community communication strategy, etc. etc. No more passive, wait and see. Also, effective communication and martialing of resources across Ontario. District health resources should be dynamically pooled. If there is a lull in one district those resources should be martialed to hotspots. Like don't tell me because City of Ottawa public health is under control that their contract tracers and resources aren't working full tilt on cases in the GTA? Or better yet that BC resources aren't being fully utilized in Montreal... oh, wait, I must have fell asleep and started dreaming, I woke up and realized again we suck.

If we look at the data in Toronto itself you can see that the North West is the area that is struggling the most with infections. I also note beyond demographic factors this area is adjacent to Pearson. Likely this is a direct link. As travel opens up with more flights I hope Toronto public health and the Province is all over that with regular testing of all people working at the airport, direct channels of communication between the City's covid command and neighbourhood organizations and area building managers, mobile testing directly to the people, a community communication strategy, etc. etc. No more passive, wait and see. Also, effective communication and martialing of resources across Ontario. District health resources should be dynamically pooled. If there is a lull in one district those resources should be martialed to hotspots. Like don't tell me because City of Ottawa public health is under control that their contract tracers and resources aren't working full tilt on cases in the GTA? Or better yet that BC resources aren't being fully utilized in Montreal... oh, wait, I must have fell asleep and started dreaming, I woke up and realized again we suck.

Can't speak for everywhere, but I know Kingston Public Health is already supporting Toronto Public Health on contact tracing.

Back