News   Aug 08, 2024
 429     1 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 414     0 
News   Aug 08, 2024
 474     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Yeah decided i am heading to Algonquin Park with just me and my fiance though if beaches are closed on June 20.

People suck. Parks shut down because people can't follow basic rules.

I agree..........BUT.

They noted that people were entering the parks w/o paying fees; and entering closed parks.

I'm not sure how closing a closed park will fix things; nor how how 'closing' a park at this stage when people are entering at non-official entrances will do much.

The reality is that some of the litter problems were because garbage cans weren't out or being serviced in some areas.

Also, a lot of folks don't have a/c, have little to do, and for some, not much money either.

The Conservation Areas, by and large are not fenced off.

I'm not for one minute defending people people being irresponsible louts.

I am saying, in the circumstances, understanding where people are at; and what they are going to do, with or without your permission is an important part of good management.

The fact they were also understaffed, limited their ability to effectively enforce anything or keep up.

Though, truthfully, I'm not sure how much that would have helped.

Again, we're also hamstrung by how little conservation/outdoor space we have.

While the GTA population has more than doubled, (protected) natural space has only increased in the range of 5%.

Some areas were seriously crowded to the point of damaging nature last year, with no Covid issue, no related unemployment issue or boredom issue.

I've hiked all of the Bruce Trail from Niagara to Dufferin County, and the part in the National Park up by Tobermory.

I can tell you the waterfalls around Hamilton used to be quiet places where you could sit and enjoy the sound of falling water, now they're overrun on weekends.

The Grotto up at Bruce Peninsula National Park is so crowded they now have you take reservations to hike in..............

That's bloody nuts!

So the WHO backtracked on saying people with symptoms are not spreading virus.

WHO is getting picked on a bit but its done it self no favours.

Apparently Eva Braun....er, Peng Liyuan is a WHO goodwill ambassador sooo......yeah, man...I hope she's making sure those pesky Uyghurs are keeping well in their concentration camps prisons re-education holiday resort?

That means it would be prudent for us personally to spend the summer relaxing mentally but at the same time preparing ourselves. It may never materialize but if it does you have about 3 months to prepare. I'm stress tested to operate personally and organizationally with zero income for the next 12 months.

Nice one. I'm not at 12 months, income-free living quite yet, but I've been pre-paying my rent so I could probably manage 3-4 months without going into my holiday savings or my investments.

That being said....I'm spending the summer in my avatar, not thinking about any of anyone's problems. ;)

This is why they closed off the entire GTHA. They know people won't drive to Thunder Bay for a haircut.

Mate.....I used to drive over 500km to go see a girl when I was in university so you can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that I'd drive to Thunder Bay if the hair cut felt right. I'm deffo not the only dumbass out there.

@Jasmine18 ...you still haven't explained to us where you found 58 friends. :p

A second wave of coronavirus cases is emerging in the U.S., raising alarms as new infections push the overall count past 2 million Americans.

Texas on Wednesday reported 2,504 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since the pandemic emerged. A month into its reopening, Florida this week reported 8,553 new cases -- the most of any seven-day period. California’s hospitalizations are at their highest since May 13 and have risen in nine of the past 10 days.

I don't know that I'd call it a second wave, I think it's just a continuation of the first wave. They never had it under control in those states.

A second wave of coronavirus cases is emerging in the U.S., raising alarms as new infections push the overall count past 2 million Americans.

Texas on Wednesday reported 2,504 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since the pandemic emerged. A month into its reopening, Florida this week reported 8,553 new cases -- the most of any seven-day period. California’s hospitalizations are at their highest since May 13 and have risen in nine of the past 10 days.

Totally predictable.

AoD

Back