News   Jun 26, 2024
 155     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 297     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Sounds like the Swedes are okay with this. They’re certainly not protesting outside the Riksdag or Kungliga slottet.

Quite.

This makes me very interested to know where protests would have broken out if similar plans were played out elsewhere.

The UK weren't exactly freaking out when the government line seemed to have been all about herd immunity.

Reality is that not everyone has a car or they may live/work downtown where public transit is the ideal mode of transportation under normal circumstances.

That's me in a nutshell. I work at Maple Leaf Square and if I drive to work I'm paying $100 a week to park.

For what it costs to park for one and a half weeks I can buy a monthly pass and head to work via the subway.

While on the TTC earlier I noted a woman who was touching every stanchion and seat in a paranoid attempt to avoid people.

Not sure why she decided to take the TTC given she is very much worried avout getting sick but it seemed to be counterproductive.

Because she can wash her hands after touching things. She can’t wash her lungs after sharing breathing space with someone else. Provided you don’t touch your face and practice good hand hygiene, the risk of contracting the virus through surface contact is minimal.

Mayor Tory asks employers to keep employees working from home until September

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The big white collar employers downtown will likely follow this advice, but it in-turn means a lot longer to wait for customers to be back for many retailers, especially those in the PATH, some of whom I suspect were planning on employees returning as soon as July which has been the messaging going out from at least the big financial institutions in the past two weeks. Many of those businesses might call it quits right now because of this announcement. There's generally only about 5 people at the office where I work each day out of about 80 total, though that number has increased recently to around 10 per day when word got out they were paying a daily bonus equivalent to about $9/hour to anyone who has to come in for essential business reasons. The definition of essential has been stretched greatly since then. However my office too had messaged they thought they would at least be allowed to go up to 50% of staff back as of July 1 (or the Monday after that). It will be interesting to see now if they push it off to September 1. This will have major implications for TTC fare collection and service to the core as well.

Paging @SunriseChampion

1590844472204.png

Actual news release is here:

It includes Crown Land camping.

Campers don't require the use to washrooms? Lol.

"Back country" That means not at a campground.

They aren't reopening those yet.

These are locations that either have no bathroom at all or only a vault toilet, no running water, and no TP provided.

This is where you camp, when you go hike in 20km to camp or canoe-in.

Crown Land camping, also permitted has no facilities at all.

There is no campsite.

You park somewhere (roadside, w/e), you hike in to where you want to be.

Apparently there is some anti-vaxxer, anti government protest going on today in Toronto.

Just saw two very interesting people with very large anti-vaccination signs heading downtown on the subway claiming how the government is controlling us via the pandemic and related vaccines.

Apparently there is some anti-vaxxer, anti government protest going on today in Toronto.

Just saw two very interesting people with very large anti-vaccination signs heading downtown on the subway claiming how the government is controlling us via the pandemic and related vaccines.

Those yahoos have been congregating outside Queen's Park for the past 4-5 Saturdays in a row now lol.

Campers don't require the use to washrooms? Lol.

There are no washrooms in the bush.

I feel like you might be one of those people who fret when they get dirt under a nail.

*pats on head* It'll be ok, mate.

You do realise that the vast majority of the planet has not been entirely ruined by our species, right?

There are places free of all of our "advancements".

They're beautiful, you should check them out sometime.

Toronto exploring if it’s legal to make masks mandatory on TTC, Tory says

Fri., May 29, 2020

Back