News   Aug 07, 2024
 250     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 629     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 466     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Of course, you guys are intelligent, just was thinking that we have to balance the right to protest for a righteous issue vs public health.
I don't really think there's any concious bias you have, but, you will find its a common theme in hisotry that there is never a "convenient" or "correct" time to protest anything related to racial issues.
There's always a reason brought up that ends with "this isn't the time for that!"

Really delighted to see this outside my living room window :rolleyes:. Yes, I realize there is racist violence in this country. However, 7,000 people have died of COVID, and this isn't going to help at all. I'm already hearing John Tory admonishing them after the fact. Come to think of it, he probably won't dare.

View attachment 248713
With a death rate in those aged under 60 yrs running at about 3%, you can pick off a least two or three people in the crowd above for Covid19 death.

Last edited:
I don't really think there's any concious bias you have, but, you will find its a common theme in hisotry that there is never a "convenient" or "correct" time to protest anything related to racial issues.
There's always a reason brought up that ends with "this isn't the time for that!"

I think mass gatherings in a pandemic seems counter to health concerns and not some 'conspiracy by the white man'

In Toronto the protest was a lot of masks but in America it seems just a huge vector for a 2nd wave it seems.

Last edited:
Really delighted to see this outside my living room window :rolleyes:. Yes, I realize there is racist violence in this country. However, 7,000 people have died of COVID, and this isn't going to help at all. I'm already hearing John Tory admonishing them after the fact. Come to think of it, he probably won't dare.

View attachment 248713

But they're influencing the US judicial process. Oh....nvm......yeah, our cops are nowhere near the tards they have in the US so I'm not sure what these people are moaning about.

It's nowhere near the same level of fuckery.

So breaking corona restrictions is fine based on the political issue you support?

It's fine because apparently Yank police forces have jurisdiction here or something.

Where are the protests for the Uyghur, if you want to speak of foreign violence?

Sure, except protesting problems that the half-failed US state has with their policing isn't exactly helpful here, is it?

I think mass gatherings in a pandemic seems counter to health concerns and not some 'conspiracy by the white man'

In Toronto the protest was a lot of masks but in America it seems just a huge vector for a 2nd wave it seems.

Nah, don't worry, I as a white man am completely responsible for every non-white person's suffering and pain....not to mention their problems.

Especially since my ancestral history is one of being the subject of subjugation.....but never mind that, I'm guilty as charged...white as hell and deffo the cause of all the problems.

Social distancing is now socially dead- the curtain of fear and mystique ("Corona's gonna kill everyone + the lockdown must be doing something!") has been pulled away with the protests (thankfully peaceful in Toronto) and Trinity Bellwoods.

Exepct more people to increasingly flout the rules until #flattenthecurve is dead in the water.

Social distancing is now socially dead- the curtain of fear and mystique ("Corona's gonna kill everyone + the lockdown must be doing something!") has been pulled away with the protests (thankfully peaceful in Toronto) and Trinity Bellwoods.

Exepct more people to increasingly flout the rules until #flattenthecurve is dead in the water.

I just wanted to go camping in the bush, but as with all of my life's socially-inocuous choices, it was deemed to be a danger!

Don't blame me for the second wave. ;)

This guy is an idiot:

Coronavirus: Belgian Prince Joachim tests positive after lockdown party

Prince Joachim, 28, travelled from Belgium to Spain for an internship on 26 May, the palace said.

Two days later, he went to a party in the southern city of Córdoba, before testing positive for Covid-19.

Spanish reports suggest the prince, a nephew of Belgium's King Philippe, was among 27 people at the party.

Under Córdoba's lockdown rules, a party of this size would be a breach of regulations, as gatherings of no more than 15 people are currently permitted.

Toronto shelter temporarily shuts down amid COVID-19 outbreak that killed 2

May 30, 2020

A Toronto shelter for people experiencing homelessness has closed for two weeks after COVID-19 killed two men who were staying there and infected 18 others.

Executive director Bob Duff says St. Simon's shelter, located near Bloor and Sherbourne streets, shut down last week after the results came in from an on-site test of all residents.

"More than a third tested positive, and they were all asymptomatic," Duff told CBC News. A staff member was also found to have COVID-19.

The widespread testing was prompted by the deaths of two men who had lived at St. Simon's.

11 active outbreaks in Toronto shelters

Last week's test results put St. Simon's on the list of Toronto shelters that have been hardest hit by COVID-19.

According to the City of Toronto's latest data, there have been 451 COVID-19 cases connected to the shelter system.

The bulk of cases in the city's 11 active outbreaks are at Costi (90 cases), the Salvation Army's Evangeline Residence (21 cases,) and Seaton House (39 cases).

Hippocratic Oath should be followed by Long-Term Care Minister Dr. Merrillee Fullerton.

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:​
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.​
I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.​
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.​
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.​
I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.​
I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.​
I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.​
I will protect the environment which sustains us, in the knowledge that the continuing health of ourselves and our societies is dependent on a healthy planet.​
I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.​
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.​
But then maybe the doctor doesn't like to "swear".

I would posit it was dead weeks before these events. It's been out of vogue for many outside introverts and "Correct Thinking" Twitter since about April 1. Whether correct or not to social distance, there's a lot of people out there who have not been observing it at all for the entire time. It's interesting seeing the reactions which range from confusion to anger based on "Why have I been doing this and you haven't?!?!" There will be resentment directed at them and I suspect this will drive some public confrontation when public activity really picks up, especially on public transit.

Last edited:

Back