News   Jul 11, 2024
 451     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 573     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 714     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

But my friends on discord tell me that I am killing people every time I meet him.
You don’t need to share what you’re doing. Don’t mention your visits and when these friends ask if you’re still going to the fiancé‘s place, which they likely won’t unless you bring it up, tell them no or tell them to mind their own sh#t. We share way too much information today.
Social distancing. People are going months without seeing parents....we all have to make some sacrifices. :p
I‘m enjoying the forced isolation, away from obligatory family events and drop ins.

You don’t need to share what you’re doing. Don’t mention your visits and when these friends ask if you’re still going to the fiancé‘s place, which they likely won’t unless you bring it up, tell them no or tell them to mind their own sh#t. We share way too much information today.

Yeah i know people doing stuff but no longer posting on social media as they wont want to deal with the paranoid poeple

Yeah i know people doing stuff but no longer posting on social media as they wont want to deal with the paranoid poeple
I don’t post anything on social media, beyond a small family group of six relatives in the UK on Facebook. But I’m an older generation, where we don’t seek or need tribal reassurance before we do anything and approval after we do it.

Yeah but I am not going to sacrifice my future for a very risk chance of any issues as we never interact with people outside of home anyways.

The issue is your parents or Kids won't leave you or your relationship won't get into long term trouble over the months of distancing.

Its quite different from someone you are in love with and you are in the early stages of the relationship and there is no doubt Corona has already negatively affected the relationship. I cant imagine saying "hey we won't see each other for a year"

Its not the same at all...Like i am not going to sabotage my relationship to make people paranoid over Corona happy.

So you don't truly believe Corona is a thing then. Seems like it.

Relationships survive. My SIL spent a year overseas when dating my daughter. They’ve been married for a few years now. My spouse and I lived 500 km apart for the first two years of our dating lives. Lots of military people are deployed and don’t see their SO for months at a time. It can be done.

So you don't truly believe Corona is a thing then. Seems like it.

No I sent my mother away to my sister and never meet her in person and i never leave the house apart from grocery every 2-3 weeks and wear gloves and masks and he is the same.

I think you guys need to realize people can continue their lives but do so differently...

Relationships survive. My SIL spent a year overseas when dating my daughter. They’ve been married for a few years now. My spouse and I lived 500 km apart for the first two years of our dating lives. Lots of military people are deployed and don’t see their SO for months at a time. It can be done.

The issue he lives 20 km away not the other side of the world, so its a whole different thing where you CHOOSE not to meet but you EASILY can meet. That's a whole new different dynamic then overseas dating.

and how many relationships break down with physical distance as well especially at the start. Like we just met in Oct and got engaged in Feb.

Well it works for you but it does not work for me I already tried.

It can work can but the issue is the chance of it not working out increases a lot. Like I spent a month away from him in Mid March to April and it caused a lot of problems and things are better now.

I already said that I have taken rather drastic steps so we can meet.

So I think many of you are just being overly paranoid around Corona and in the end, I am not going to sabotage my life to placate such people.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, I know four people who have died and two who have recovered, and I have a close family member who works daily with COVID patients, so I prefer precaution over placation.

As I mentioned earlier, I know four people who have died and two who have recovered, and I have a close family member who works daily with COVID patients, so I prefer precaution over placation.

That is fine, everyone has their own situations.

If i was living with my mom and going out that would be a different story.

The issue he lives 20 km away not the other side of the world, so its a whole different thing where you CHOOSE not to meet but you EASILY can meet. That's a whole new different dynamic then overseas dating.

and how many relationships break down with physical distance as well especially at the start. Like we just met in Oct and got engaged in Feb.

Well it works for you but it does not work for me I already tried.

It can work can but the issue is the chance of it not working out increases a lot. Like I spent a month away from him in Mid March to April and it caused a lot of problems and things are better now.

I already said that I have taken rather drastic steps so we can meet.

So I think many of you are just being overly paranoid around Corona and in the end, I am not going to sabotage my life to placate such people.
There are so many things going on here. You're worried about the possibility of a relationship "breaking down without physical distance, especially at the start", yet you are engaged. Oh, you just got engaged in Feb. after knowing each other for 4 months. I see.

You spent a month away from your partner (fiance), and that caused lots of problems. I see.

This engagement has problem written all over it, and the fact that you've rushed into a relationship that can't withstand public health and safety measures is really a you problem; please don't make it an us problem by blaming it on social distancing measures.

There are so many things going on here. You're worried about the possibility of a relationship "breaking down without physical distance, especially at the start", yet you are engaged. Oh, you just got engaged in Feb. after knowing each other for 4 months. I see.

You spent a month away from your partner (fiance), and that caused lots of problems. I see.

This engagement has problem written all over it, and the fact that you've rushed into a relationship that can't withstand public health and safety measures is really a you problem; please don't make it an us problem by blaming it on social distancing measures.

The issue I am following health and safety measures and social distancing measures. I am just not following people who think we need to lockdown for 18 months to a year and think that is an easy or simple ask.

The engagement is perfectly fine but I know it cant withstand me following unsolicited romantic advice and people being overly paranoid around Corona and think everyone should act the same.

;)

Last edited:
Manitoba has opened up on camping already.

See link.

...Campers and other visitors will have to wear water shoes or sandals in showers and bring their own toilet paper, soap and hand sanitizer. The province also urges visitors to fill their gas tanks and avoid using local health care services in the area they travel to unless its an emergency.

The province will also clean and sanitize bathrooms and shower facilities more frequently...

The issue I am following health and safety measures and social distancing measures. I am just not following people who think we need to lockdown for 18 months to a year and think that is an easy or simple ask.

The engagement is perfectly fine but I know it cant withstand me following unsolicited romantic advice and people being overly paranoid around Corona and think everyone should act the same.

;)

Sorry public health isn't a salad bar that you can pick and choose what you like from.

AoD

Ontario taking 'immediate action' after uptick in mysterious illness in kids that could be linked to COVID-19

May 13, 2020 10:10AM EDT

TORONTO -- The Ontario government said it's taking immediate action after an increase in a mysterious inflammatory illness in children that could be connected to COVID-19.

Health officials say the illness appears to be similar to Kawasaki Syndrome, a rare but serious inflammatory disease. Symptoms associated with this illness include persistent fever, abdominal pain, and gastrointestinal symptoms, including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, as well as a rash.

Elliott said that in consultation with Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams, the government is immediately updating the case definition of COVID-19 to include multisystem inflammatory vasculitis as an atypical symptom in children.

"This will support clinicians in making clinical assessments of patients who may have symptoms, including some of the most vulnerable of patients, children," Health Minister Christine Elliott said in a statement on Wednesday.

"Recent reports in Canada and internationally indicate that there may be an increase in multisystem inflammatory vasculitis, a rare but serious multisystem inflammatory illness that impacts children who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.”

Sorry public health isn't a salad bar that you can pick and choose what you like from.

AoD

Okay but where it says if you meet one person you go to jail or you get fine because people are doing that anyways? Furthere more i have taken steps to follow public health. If Govt said you are banned from doing so then I will follow but meeting a person is not banned.

Plus some public health authorities are saying no need to wear a mask in public and I do (WHO)

so ...people are picking and choosing anyway...

Last edited:
Okay but where it says if you meet one person you go to jail or you get fine because people are doing that anyways? If Govt said you are banned from doing so then I will follow.

Plus some public health authorities are saying no need to wear mask in public and I do (WHO)

so ...people are picking and choosing anyway...

Sure, by all means. It isn't my mom that you are putting at risk.

AoD

Back