News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 964     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Ford didn't seem to have a chance in the last election either. Maybe Stintz needs to pick up a drug addiction (heroine?) and start yelling uncontrollably to bump up her "common peeps" popularity.

Why? Ford will most likely be in jail by the time the election is upon us. If he's out of the picture, her chances are quite good.

That's where your theory falls apart. Detective Sgt. Giroux's findings will likely be made public by then and charges laid but Ford will not be in jail. By the time the case is heard in court, the election will have already been held. I doubt Stintz and all of her advisors will have failed to realize that. Unless Ford is physically incapable (i.e. dead) then he's running in the next election.

Ford didn't seem to have a chance in the last election either.
Only to those had their eye's closed, including those in the established polling and media biz.

We had a mayor and council that was perceived to have caved on the garbage strike, was under the thumb of the unions, was raising user fees and taxes, was blocking roads with bike lanes, appeared arrogant to the citizens, made deals with fraudsters from the beach, while councilors expenced bunny suits and soccer jerseys, meanwhile streetcar ROW projects were massively late and overbudget while the chair of the TTC was shagging on his city hall couch. These are just the few I can think of at the moment.

The city was ripe for a sea change. Now, in 2014 the pendulum will likely land more in the centre.

If Chow becomes mayor, who would be the MP for Trinity—Spadina?

Well it would be a huge by-election with high profile candidates for both the NDP and Libs. Mike Layton's name gets thrown about. As does former leadership hopeful Brian Topp and nomination runner up in the Toronto-Centre by-election Jennifer Howlett.

When do the new boundaries come into effect?

Next general election in 2015. Proposed boundaries: http://www.redecoupage-federal-redistribution.ca/on/now/reports/19Toronto.pdf

Last edited:
On what charge? Even if the video does surface, there's little there to charge him with.

Wishful thinking?

Solicitation, probably; among possible other charges. The video is probably the least of his worries, at this point. There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes that we're unaware of. I think the details of the police investigation on the Ford Bros will known to the public before the election.

Back