News   Apr 25, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

I had Jollibee last weekend and found it to be surprisingly bland. I figured a Filipino chain would offer at least somewhat interesting flavour. Had KFC a few days later and preferred its taste...
With Jollibee, one has to get the spicy, the plain is definitely very bland. However the draw for me is they have one of the meatier pieces of fried chicken.

EDIT: Personally, with a lot of fried chicken, I skip the sauce they include and douse it in PG Clucks sauce. Popeyes is absolutely killer this way.

With Jollibee, one has to get the spicy, the plain is definitely very bland. However the draw for me is they have one of the meatier pieces of fried chicken.

EDIT: Personally, with a lot of fried chicken, I skip the sauce they include and douse it in PG Clucks sauce. Popeyes is absolutely killer this way.
I did have the "spicy". There was barely any heat in addition to the bland flavour.

Does anyone know if there's a new tenant in the former Lavazza building on Queens Quay W?

I admit that I have occasional cravings for McDs, though I toss the bun since gluten sends my heart racing alarmingly. One day I ordered one of their larger sandwiches with fries and a side salad; when I got to the office I realized they had forgotten the fries, so all I had was a beef patty and a side salad - practically health food.

Go see how busy a McDs is in the downtown core food courts is during lunch hour...
I recently went to Fairview Mall for the first time in many years. It was busy in general (with a line-up to get into the T&T) including the food court, and an unbelievably large mob around the McD's and people getting annoyed at the long wait. If some of them are doing poorly, I assume it must be ones in out of the way locations, or something to do with revenue not keeping up with costs rather than a lack of customers.

Hoarding installed for Scarborough Town Centre Uniqlo:

IMG_2172.jpeg

As a part of Bell's recent layoffs, they are closing 100 The Source locations. I had no idea they were owned by Bell.

They've been owned by Bell for quite a while now, since 2009/2010.

The remaining "The Source" stores that are left will be rebranded to "Best Buy Express".

Upcoming store openings at Sherway Gardens: New Balance in few weeks, Ray-Ban in April, Jo Malone, Alo Yoga and Arc'teryx in May, %Arabica Coffee, Miele, Mango in the late Spring/early Summer

Loooking forward to Alo Yoga & Arabica...

Wonder what they will do with Nordstorm! I would love an Altea Gym (or something, as the goodlife nearby is NOT good). Or just make it a Cheesecake Factory LOL

Back