News   Apr 26, 2024
 104     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

so much is being added to mapleview apparently like kiehl's, aeropostale, apple, justice and rudsak. Anybody else think that this mall would be a perfect location for a hollister instead of limeridge mall?

Coach outlet opening on Friday at Cookstown outlet centre. Cannot really understand the (re)development at Cookstown. Tanger should aquire that property and bring it up to speed.

Forever 21 in Eaton Centre is planning on opening early June! I'm so excited! The one outside the mall is tiny and always overcrowded!

I think the opposite. As Wind grows, Bell and Telus will finally be forced to merge and we'll be back to 3 national carriers, Bel(l)us, Rogers and Wind (possibly merged with Mobilicity or Public Mobile).

Well I think the foreign-ownership issue will be their undoing.

The other two guys are just aweful. Cheap plans, yes, but their phones are mostly 'no-name' and if you go any further west than Milton or Oakville you will be ROAMING to another network! Their coverage (all 3 of them) is so bad it isn't funny.

The other two guys are just aweful. Cheap plans, yes, but their phones are mostly 'no-name' and if you go any further west than Milton or Oakville you will be ROAMING to another network! Their coverage (all 3 of them) is so bad it isn't funny.

As much as I dislike the Conservatives, this is one thing that if they had a majority they could actually push through, whether it'd be eliminating the foreign ownership restrictions or relaxing the restrictions. Regardless, I don't see Wind going anywhere.

Wind covers everywhere I go. Only place missing is Montreal, which under Fido I would have had to pay extra for calls anyway. Videotron and Wind need a reciprocal roaming agreement stat.

argg, did I read that article right - did it say they may move headquarter jobs to the Mississauga location ?
For those who don't know there headquarters is downtown in the Queens Quay building (a great place!).

Haha, you do realize they are new right? You think Bell and Rogers both had networks sprawling all over Canada in their first year of service?

Haha, you do realize they are new right? You think Bell and Rogers both had networks sprawling all over Canada in their first year of service?

Plus, there's a certain market for people who are happy with a primarily GTA network in exchange for cheaper rates.

Was told by someone with Aura that Winners is "99%" likely to move there from their yonge/college location.

Was told by someone with Aura that Winners is "99%" likely to move there from their yonge/college location.

Why would they do this? Other than to, as CC suggests, make room for a Marshalls (although, even then, wouldn't it be easier to simply open the Marshalls in Aura?). I'm not doubting the report, but just wonder what the rationale would be. A bigger store? More visibility? (although it's hardly as if Yonge & Gerrard has more exposure than Yonge and College) Better lease terms?

argg, did I read that article right - did it say they may move headquarter jobs to the Mississauga location ?
For those who don't know there headquarters is downtown in the Queens Quay building (a great place!).

This sounds like something that would actually happen as it's too good to be in a location like Queens Quay in downtown Toronto.......I hate Missi and the fact that it has so many HQs (since I'm on this rant, I hate the fact that Missi got the Marilyn towers and not the downtown...it would be so cool to see them somewhere near Harbor St.).

But instead we have boxy and grey/green 30-42 storey towers coming up throughout the southern part of downtown, especially in the Concord Cityplace lands and the Entertainment districts....... :(

Back