News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 684     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 941     0 

Near Future Renders

I would have added it but 42 Charles would be off the right hand side of that picture. Unless I can get tomms to go back up to the top of 1 Dundas West and snap a wider angle, I can't really add the Charles proposal.

Yeah, now it makes you wonder how long before the south west corner of Yonge and Bloor gets developed.:)

I can't see Stollery's holding out for long once One Bloor is up. And I'd really love to see a truly landmark building at that site, one that does justice to one of Canada's most famous intersections -- One Bloor doesn't quite do it for me.

I got a hold of the high resolution version of that skyline picture from the North and I have started working on a render for it. However I have no idea what 42 Charles is going to look like. I may just have to substitute a Casa II for now, until Cresford decides to unveil their plan.

(And this time Steveve I promise I won't forget Trump. ;) )

These are some of the projects I am adding. I'm taking suggestions for others like 300 Front for instance.

5598995737_db7b87b28b_z.jpg

(Original by interchange42)

Hmm... Would Nicholas appear here, or would it be block by Manulife? Probably blocked.
The Florian completed.
Motion at Bay and Dundas
Sick Kids Research Tower
Residences of the RCMI
Pace
Exhibit
Pears on the Avenue

Hmm... Would Nicholas appear here, or would it be block by Manulife? Probably blocked.
The Florian completed.
Motion at Bay and Dundas
Sick Kids Research Tower
Residences of the RCMI
Pace
Exhibit
Pears on the Avenue

LOL! this just keeps getting better :D :D!

RCMI is one we haven't really seen in a render of the skyline.....Just a thought...could you push Ice 1 and 2 a little west, just to get the idea of their heights,( not blocked by SL),....:eek: I think they should be a little farther west anyway??? I dont think they would be lined up with MLS that much, def. a lil bit west ??

Also " Latman", it would be awseome to see a "3 years" from now render, with whats actually under construction, up to and including One Bloor, ( More or less towers we're pretty sure will be completed and built) and then one more like 5-8 years from now with the more speculative projects...(880??, Signature?? , Casa II...,Pace, BA 2, Canada Tower, even Cumberland. etc)
I dont wanna get too excited and expect too much if the market softens. So its a kind of this is what were getting by 2014, and if all stays well this is what it will look like in 2018 or so!!
Thanx again Traynor for helping us computer rookies, who can't do what you do, see their city down the road, your the best bro!!

Last edited:
The Florian completed.
Motion at Bay and Dundas
Sick Kids Research Tower
Residences of the RCMI
Pace
Exhibit
Pears on the Avenue

Nicholas will be blocked
Of course I'll finish the Florian :rolleyes: ;)
Motion on Bay will just be a sliver on the left side of One Bedford, but I'll add it.
Sick Kids might be too short to see... (Maybe just the roof)
RCMI will appear as tall as Maple Leaf Sq North and right in front of it.
Pace will not quite be tall enough to be seen from here behind the old Four Seasons
Exhibit and Pears will show in the foreground and I am working on them.

RCMI is one we haven't really seen in a render of the skyline.....Just a thought...could you push Ice 1 and 2 a little west, just to get the idea of their heights,( not blocked by SL),....:eek: I think they should be a little farther west anyway??? I dont think they would be lined up with MLS that much, def. a lil bit west ??

Doing these renders from actual photographs often leaves some buildings being blocked by others. It is tempting to cheat a little and make some projects slightly taller or move them a little so they are more prominent, but I don't like doing that. Other render artists take license with height or placement, but I prefer to represent as accurately as possible (within the limitations that I am only human and not actually a time traveller with a camera) the view you would see when all the projects are complete.

I am working on all of this. Give me some time... I am still doing a lot of research for this render. I have to consult Google Earth for lines of sight and ground elevations. Then of course I have to look up each project and the official renders and figure out how the building will appear in this picture.

;)

Last edited:
ourskyline is really filling in! and this building boom isn't showing any signs of stopping. it'll be interesting to see the skyline in 5-10 years once all these are built and see if the city is still growing how it is now

I love your work, Traynor, and I love how there will be several points of height in the skyline in the future, whereas now, it's basically just the Financial District.

I really hope we get another landmark building for the Stollery's site sometime this decade. My only concern with the site is the proposed tall buildings study! Under the guidelines, it looks like the as of right height would be around 137 m and the max height would be around 250 m....not quite what some of us would like to see on that site. This is one important corner where I think the tall buildings study is lacking in future vision! Also makes me wonder how this regulation would impact Stollery's desire to sell sooner or later, or their ability to get full value for their site given 1 Bloor going up across the street.

Back