News   Mar 28, 2024
 170     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Near Future Renders

Great render! So many other projects to come also..

I wonder if 880 Bay would appear in this shot, or if it would stand just out of frame, perhaps even be hidden? I'm going to suggest (at least from this angle) that it would appear just to the left of the Rogers Building or perhaps be partially obscured by 609 Sherbourne. Thoughts?

I think 880 Bay would definitely be out of frame to the left although I'm not sure about 'Exhibit' over at Avenue Road and Bloor. A small portion of it may be visible behind 18 Yorkville and Four Seasons... However, because I don't know the exact spot the photograph was taken from, I can't work out the line of sight.

I often know the exact spot where a picture was taken from and I can consult Google Earth and draw lines of sight from the vantage point to the proposed projects, but when I don't know the exact spot I have to guess.

If anyone has a similar skyline shot of Yorkville, taken at a distance and from a different angle, I'd be happy to create another render that shows other buildings.

:D

Hey thanks android. And thanks for the great picture to work with.

I figured it was in that stretch of Broadview North of Danforth, of course, but I thought it might be taken from the back lots of one of the houses or apartment buildings. I should have thought of Pottery Road!

great render traynor! whats that building on the far left...?

The building on the far left is a "It's almost 11:30 at night and I've been drawing these stupid buildings all day, half-assed version" of the new development at the corner of Sherbourne and Howard called 609 Shernourne.

;)

The other three and tallest of the development that will line Bloor from Parliament to Sherbourne, would be out of frame to the far left.

Here's a link to the thread on the page that has some renders:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?14024-609-Sherbourne-St-Howard-(Lanterra-56s-aA)/page4

thanks for doing this render. It would be amazing to see all of this completed. I suspect that the Casa 2 and 609 Sherbourne will be scaled down a bit.

I just found out that BlogTO picked up that Yorkville picture from here and featured it on one of their pages today. So someone over there, reads the threads here. They've hot linked the original page back to here so it has probably brought more traffic to Urban Toronto.

For all the cross website traffic I am supplying, I really have to start charging for this.

Here's the link to BlogTO:
http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/01/a_glimpse_at_the_yonge_and_bloor_skyline_in_2015/

Inspired by the Photo of the Day on April 5, I whipped up a One Bloor render from the South. Urban Toronto wanted to know what this view may look like when Great Gulf Homes completes their 70 storey condominium known as One Bloor.

It's not perfect, but I got tired of drawing. Well here's my guess:

5598943979_d6d61d55bf_b.jpg

(Original image courtesy Tomms found here: http://urbantoronto.ca/content.php?...ure-One-Bloor-East-Condos-By-Great-Gulf-Homes )

(Adjusted original and render for comparison)

Attachments

• One Bloor North Original.jpg
    One Bloor North Original.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 314
  • One Bloor North 001Hd.JPG
    One Bloor North 001Hd.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 290
Now THAT'S the view I've been waiting to see for some time now :D. Welcome to the new landmark for Yonge and Bloor.

Thanks for posting that render Traynor!

looks AMAZIN!!!!
great work traynor... one bloor looks a bit taller than i'd think it would be in real life, but heck, why am i complaining, taller is better :D!

it's only a matter of time before something tall is built south of one bloor, cause right now, (or when this thing is built), you'll be able to see the whole thing (well, most of it length wise) unobstructed.... a streetwall change (height wise) should balance things out.

looks AMAZIN!!!!
great work traynor... one bloor looks a bit taller than i'd think it would be in real life, but heck, why am i complaining, taller is better :D!

it's only a matter of time before something tall is built south of one bloor, cause right now, (or when this thing is built), you'll be able to see the whole thing (well, most of it length wise) unobstructed.... a streetwall change (height wise) should balance things out.

Well that most likely will be 42 Charles...if rumours are true it should be 64 floors and over 200 meters.

Back