News   Jul 25, 2024
 203     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 305     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 402     0 

Near Future Renders

^Haha, seconded! Beautiful work! Its my background now, and im sure many others, (if thats ok)

Not at all. That's a good idea. Now I just switched my desktop too. I was using a nighttime render I had done ages ago, so it was time I changed anyway.

What are these Parliament and Bloor towers? I haven't heard of that development.

It is a four building proposal for Bloor between Sherbourne and Parliament along Howard Street. Here is the link to the thread for it. Page 4 has some maps and line renders from the planning department submission.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...Howard-(Lanterra-56s-aA)&highlight=sherbourne

Its all good, nice job Traynor..Cheers
e5000533.gif

^It has left me bleary-eyed and dizzy. Keep in mind I don't use any fancy computer programs to do these renders. I use MS Paint and draw each building by hand. Often drawing in individual pixels one by one.

I think interchange42 will upload the high resolutions for me. Stay tuned...

A+++++ Great work Latman, this city is really transforming, and whats crazy, when you click between the pics, the current pic has 20 towers that werent there 8 years ago!!!

A+++++ Great work Latman, this city is really transforming, and whats crazy, when you click between the pics, the current pic has 20 towers that werent there 8 years ago!!!

Thanks Jets. Someone over on another site wondered what the same shot would like like 10 years ago. I said to myself "Easy, peasy. All I have to do is take out some buildings, that has to be easier than drawing new ones right?" WRONG! I started a few hours ago and realized what a daunting job it will be. It's not just removing some newer buildings. It's faking all the missing parts of the circa 2000 extant buildings that are covered up. Believe me this may take a while.

Well, that wasn't too terrible. However I did have to completely draw City Hall and a few other buildings.

So here is the timeline of that view from Churchill: First Circa 2000, present day and finally approximately 2015. Just flick on the NEXT button to see the changes.

Original image courtesy our very own interchange42

Attachments

• SkylinePano c2000 001 D peg.jpg
    SkylinePano c2000 001 D peg.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 479
  • SkylinePano Render 002 A peg.jpg
    SkylinePano Render 002 A peg.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 477
  • SkylinePano Render 002 B peg.jpg
    SkylinePano Render 002 B peg.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 479
Well, that wasn't too terrible. However I did have to completely draw City Hall and a few other buildings.

So here is the timeline of that view from Churchill: First Circa 2000, present day and finally approximately 2015. Just flick on the NEXT button to see the changes.

Original image courtesy our very own interchange42

WWWWOOOOWWWW...Yorkville has already transformed itself....dammmm. awesomes again Latman.

WOW! Incredible work!! Their is an animated image posted at this thread from a videogame forum where some people were admiring Traynor's awesome work!

Last edited:
^Cool.

I was thinking of figuring a way to do an animated GIF with all the buildings being built and added. Then I realized that may take me a year. So I reconsidered.

Perhaps one day when I lose my mind I will attempt it.

;)

Will Nicholas St. condo not be visible in the new render? I am not sure if that question has been asked.

It would have been nice for the image to pan over to the West more, so we can see all the other developments (Tableau, Mercer, Charlie, Pinnacle on Adelaide, Studio on Richmond, etc..)

St.Nicholas would be mostly hidden by Manulife, though a sliver of it may be visible. The others you mentioned would all be in that shot in the Entertainment district, but mostly will become visual noise overlapping extant buildings... Plus I was so very tired of drawing buildings by that time. I am sure there are countless projects I probably missed. When it comes to new development, (and to borrow a Catrane-ism) Toronto is ONFYAH!!!!! (sp?)

There is almost no way to keep up with all the proposals. Though I will try harder in the future.

:cool:

Back