News   Mar 28, 2024
 984     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 847     0 

Movies that feature Toronto

I just watched Arthur Christmas...it had a fairly long scene where the sleigh was careening around Toronto (and it was actually mentioned as being Toronto a number of times). It started at the CN Tower, passed the flatiron building, and went up and down new city hall. Probably a few other buildings I can't remember, too. It was extra impressive because it was an animated movie, so they actually had to create all these scenes of Toronto.

Just blasted through all two seasons of Suits. So cool to see Toronto in almost every outdoor scene.

banner.png

Last edited:
Watched Total Recall on Rogers on Demand with the girlfriend. The main image I want to post is from a flyover pan of the futuristic city the movie takes place in. 1 King West, London on the Esplanade and the Gardiner Expressway are all clearly visible and mostly unaltered.

1kingwest.jpg

*Source

You can check out the full article here

Last edited:
Watched Total Recall on Rogers on Demand with the girlfriend. The main image I want to post is from a flyover pan of the futuristic city the movie takes place in. 1 King West, London on the Esplanade and the Gardiner Expressway are all clearly visible and mostly unaltered.

You can check out the full article here

Yep! And they missed this one too... aerial shot of Bloor/Yonge
screencap:

IMG_1706 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

And... PLEASE be true! Man of Steel 2 (Batman/Superman) to film in TO?:
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/supermanbatman-man-steel-2-said-be-filming-toronto-2014

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/batman-vs-superman-film-early-next-123700824.html

If so, I hope they do actually showcase a chunk of the city, not just use a few shots then film the rest in a studio set in Toronto and CGI the rest. Trump Tower would look cool as a Wayne Tower.

Sort of in line with this topic.

If you go to MS's bing maps and use their bird's eye function, take a look at the western edge of bluffer's park, it looks like a fishing village. It was taken during the making of the love guru. I noticed it a few years ago, sort of surprised they haven't updated it.

There is a scene in Exit Wounds (2001) that shows our skyline in the background including the CN Tower.

Too bad the actual movie is supposed to be taking place in Detroit.

Always found that to be hilarious. I mean, what kind of idiot do you have to be to do that?

The Showcase series King was filmed in Toronto. Many recognizable locations, but this one I don't recognize. Anyone know?

Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 624
I still like Casa Loma as Charles Xavier's home and school for the gifted in the X-men series the best.

I hope this is not too off-topic, since these homes are not in Toronto, but they are still cool filming locations. This video of the house from Home Alone brings back many memories...I don't know why neither Casa Loma or the house from Home Alone didn't make it into the list. It could be much longer.

"Enemy" starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Not only shot in Toronto, but openly set in Toronto. It comes out in February

enemy-jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

[video=youtube;wgIkucPdKLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgIkucPdKLs[/video]

So, the Ford brothers and their whole story could've made a great HBO series eh? I keep being reminded of The Wire. The Ford story has all the elements of a gritty HBO crime drama, family, criminal organizations, drug gangs, police surveillance & wire taps, and of course politics.

0a68eedb245a743ce9c6c935c685b0da_vice_670.jpg

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/heres-why-the-rob-ford-scandal-is-just-like-the-wire

I'm a fan of Boardwalk Empire, which is about organized crime & bootlegging during the Prohibition Era. It's mostly focused on Atlantic City, Chicago, and New York. Some seasons, they bring in another setting like Florida or Philadelphia. I've always hoped that they do a season with one storyline set in Toronto. One of the sources of booze in the show (and in real history) is Canadian Club from the Distillery District in Toronto. They smuggled it across Lake Ontario. They mention Canada a few times, and the opening credits show Canadian Club washing on the New Jersey shore.

I've always thought the Ford brothers are trying to relive the Boardwalk Empire days ...

Too bad the upcoming season of Boardwalk will be the last :(

I can see HBO at least doing a spin on a corrupt mayor if True Detective gets renewed for a second season...an anthology series can go whichever direction it wants and just pick up with a fresh cast the next season.

Back