News   Apr 24, 2024
 950     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 619     0 

Movies that feature Toronto

The shot from the Kingsman trailer is also in the movie - great helicopter shot coming South on University towards Queen. Great movie too!

A lot of Toronto in this movie trailer (standing in for NYC of course). The shots along Adelaide Street are way overused though, (scenes featuring 100 Adelaide West under construction in the background). They also CGI'd a building at the end of the street to make look cooler. Also some University Ave. scenes. Saw a TD bank sign too in another scene (although it's authentic to NYC now, since they have them there too)

[video=youtube;XAHprLW48no]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no[/video]

Suicide Squad seems to be the next big movie being filmed here next month. It'll be interesting to see what exterior scenes they film in the city, depending on what city they choose to set it in. Perhaps it could be Gotham?

film shoot.jpg

This was filming last weekend. It is a TV pilot based on Minority Report, with the same name.

Attachments

• film shoot.jpg
    film shoot.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,009
Apparently, they were filming Suicide Squad last night around Yonge/Adelaide in the financial district with Ben Affleck seen on set in the Batsuit (Apparently the new bat mobile is in town too). Basically this confirms that Toronto will stand in (at least partially) for Gotham which is pretty freaking cool. Hopefully they don't CGI the crap out of the city in post production.

A full season of Minority report was picked up, so they will be filming a lot more here.

Indeed. And the trailer dropped yesterday. It's nice to see a lot of Toronto in the trailer, although extremely covered in CGI, I actually think our city looks a lot better in reality than this trailer made it out to be. While set in the future, it's not the future Toronto I'd want to see. As with many TV shows, I dislike the 'low-budget vibe/look' many of them have, the Minority Report TV series being one of them.

[video=youtube;_fLl-DMzxrk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fLl-DMzxrk[/video]

On a side note, Yonge-Dundas square also became 'Midway City Square' last week as they were filming Suicide Squad.

Yeah, they were filming the new Batman movie in downtown Toronto.

I was disappointed that the Batmobile was moving relatively slowly. I was hoping it would blaze by just like in the movies.

Simcoe Day is coming up, and I was looking... and looking... and looking... for any movie on or about John Graves Simcoe, see link. The only mention was in a 2014 American film called "The Turn" (see link). He wasn't shown in a good light, more like a villain.

Couldn't there be a mini-series put on the Canadian version of the History Channel, or some other Canadian specialty channel, or even the CBC about John Graves Simcoe? Instead we get the American interpretation.

Suicide Squad trailer is out.

All the T.O. cameos below, no matter how brief

South Core and the SkyWalk at 1:31
King and Bay at 1:42
Shangri-La and YD Square at 2:01-2:03
Gardiner at 2:10
Financial District at 2:11
Eaton Centre/Yonge Street at 2:22
??? at 2:27 (someone help me out here)
Harbour Plaza and the Harbour Commission Building at 2:28
Subway station (I'm guessing Bay Lower) at 2:35
??? at 2:45 (someone help me out here)

Has anyone seen the show Darknet on Netflix? Plenty of Toronto to be seen! And they don't hide the fact that it's Toronto, even using Toronto's street names in conversation.

Back