News   Apr 25, 2024
 132     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Movies that feature Toronto

Too bad the upcoming season of Boardwalk will be the last :(

I can see HBO at least doing a spin on a corrupt mayor if True Detective gets renewed for a second season...an anthology series can go whichever direction it wants and just pick up with a fresh cast the next season.

When did they announce that they were killing the show? Is it not doing well enough? I can't get enough of it.

Too bad the upcoming season of Boardwalk will be the last :(

I can see HBO at least doing a spin on a corrupt mayor if True Detective gets renewed for a second season...an anthology series can go whichever direction it wants and just pick up with a fresh cast the next season.

Wow I had no idea. Maybe during the last episode they'll skip forward in time showing the events until prohibition ends.

Saw "Kick Ass 2", it's set in New York, except that every single street in NYC looks exactly like Yonge street between Dundas and Bloor. I remember them filming it. It's amazing how often you see film trailers around downtown Yonge & U of T.

The opening scene shows the Toronto skyline from the port lands, except the CN Tower is photoshopped out, as if that were Manhattan from Queens or Brooklyn. They even show 2nd Cup on Queen St.

New Jake Gyllenhaal's movie "Enemy" is set in Toronto :)

[video=youtube;FJuaAWrgoUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJuaAWrgoUY[/video]

Last edited:
Just watched Red Lights starring Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver and Cillian Murphy, which had parts filmed in Toronto at The Fairmont Royal York Hotel. Interesting movie. Here's the trailer: [video=youtube;vatOw6FquzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vatOw6FquzU[/video]

New Jake Gyllenhaal's movie "Enemy" is set in Toronto :)

I saw this recently. I personally didn't really love the movie, it was OK. It does however show Toronto's architecture quite a bit, but often in an unsettling way since the movie has that vibe. It opened with a shot of the Yonge-Eg skyline, featured shots of the Mississauga's Absolute towers, St James town and streetcar wires to evoke the image of spider webs.

SO I finally saw Enemy this week. It is actually a great film, with some of the best Toronto imagery I have ever seen. I am posting this vid of the final scene, and the closing credits which feature some great shots of the city. If you don't want the end of the movie ruined, skip to 1:30 in the video.

Warning, SPOILERS AHEAD

[video=youtube;JR-ATzF-sHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR-ATzF-sHI[/video]

A new TV series called The Strain was filmed here. I saw a shoot at the Loblaw's in Leaside. Also Nurse 3D was filmed at the Branson hospital.

Last edited:
A new TV series called The Strain was filmed here. I saw a shoot at the Loblaw's in Leaside.

In episode 2 last night there were scenes of the characters driving on Lakeshore Blvd by Cherry Street. There were also scenes in Weslodge on King West and Boots N Bourbon on Queen East

Back