News   Mar 28, 2024
 88     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 226     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Montage and Neo Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

Just a little tip from someone who has been through this before. Customer Care will do a great job of coming up with fanciful reasons why they cannot do something, the above apears to be a good example. Remember that you have rights to have deficiencies rectified but these rights are only good if you insist on them being enforced. Custimer Care will give you a lot of bull as to why something can't be done -- if you accept an excuse then this is your loss. Note every deficiency from the smallest crack and insist that it be fixed. Right now you are probably excited that you are about to move in and some things don't seem like a big deal. Trust me, that once the excitement fades and a year has passed, and the developer is gone, you will be kicking yourself for not asking for thse things to be fixed.

My favourite PDI story is for one of my neighbours where the toilet paper bar was located in a rediculous location out of reach from the toilet. Customer care's excuse was that there was no specifications as to where it should be, to which my neighbour asked whether that means it would have been ok if they put it on the ceiling. The next day they moved it to a better location.

Sklar

Thanks and you are right Sklar .. I am excited by the fact im moving into a new unit .. I am pursuing the frosted door issue quite diligently as I am the rest of my deficiencies no matter how "cosmetic" in nature. As I think all unit owners should. Thanks again for the sound advice

Cheers
Garzelus

Customer Care told me all the units have stucco ceilings. The parking area looks nice. Here are some photos -most taken with my phone so quality is not so good:

2899762105_3e95cfb9da.jpg

2900607724_e227ce2aba.jpg

2899761673_4e40326719.jpg

2898862007_439592d7a7.jpg

2898861965_c9b72dc230.jpg

2898861889_15738f5a40.jpg

2899705424_02489beaf1.jpg

2898861631_890169c50f.jpg

2903476340_e31f3308b3.jpg

2899705304_580d1c723a.jpg

would Sobey's parking be separate from 'residential visitors' parking?? (assuming there are visitor's parking)

I am not sure if the Visitor Parking is seperate from the Sobey's. It is my understanding that a condo must have visitor parking not sure if there is a specified number of spots though in relation to the density of the building or just a set number.

I will post the pictures this evenign. I also have the floor plan and I have the measurements for anyone who is interested, again it is the one bedroom plus den suite.

I will post them this evening.

A while back I had posted this pic in the thread. Notice how the 2nd floor higher than the 3rd and that they are installing supports for a dropped ceiling on the 2nd floor.

1573953454_fdd7874567.jpg

Back then I noticed that they were certain floors being built higher than others (specifically 2, 12, & 19). They were however dropping the ceilings so that the interiors were all the same height. So basically floors 2, 12 &19 have interior ceilings that are not concrete and so are smooth, everyone else has stucco on their concrete ceilings.

A while back I had posted this pic in the thread. Notice how the 2nd floor higher than the 3rd and that they are installing supports for a dropped ceiling on the 2nd floor.

1573953454_fdd7874567.jpg

Back then I noticed that they were certain floors being built higher than others (specifically 2, 12, & 19). They were however dropping the ceilings so that the interiors were all the same height. So basically floors 2, 12 &19 have interior ceilings that are not concrete and so are smooth, everyone else has stucco on their concrete ceilings.

Wow that is crazy. Why would not leave the ceiling higher they could have sold it at a premium.

Nice photos atlixco. Looks good and no load bearing columns;)

On an other note has anyone had a chance to check out the Tarion print material they received after PDI? I am curious regarding the point about "Your builder is permitted to use both of these extensions as long as they give you the required notices and the total of the two extensions does not exceed 135 days." I believe the first delay at Neo was about 356 days and the second being half that.

With Neo occupancy only weeks away anyone started packing yet? My move is still over seven weeks away so I am at the box acquisition stage. I opted to have family/friends assist me with my move as it will be mostly boxes -buying furniture after. December is typically the best for deals on TVs (better than Boxing Day). I anticipate that retailers will further sweeten the deal to makeup for tighter consumer spending this holiday season.

I believe the earliest for unit owners moving into the building is near the beginning of November? Hopefully the approaching Winter weather will be agreeable during everyone's move into their new home;)

I think the first wave is Nov 3rd

Great thanks. I am moving in Nov 27th on the last floor so I guess they will have everyone in by the end of November. Anyway have any idea when final closing will be.

Thanks for the Sobey's information. Really looking forward to having a supermarket downstairs. I am assuming they will be open 24 hours as most Sobye's are.

was walking around the building on Monday and ran into a few workers who told me that the Sobey's is expected there spring of 09 ..?? I dont know how much weight that hold's but thats what i got so far

Spring '09 is what I had heard also from the VP of development with Concord-Adex. I was hoping for something more definitive when i emailed them. 'Spring' can be anytime between March and June

Boy o boy! Do I sense a little excitement? LOL!

Re: Sobeys:
Guys/Gals. This is not about residential. This is about business. This is about profit, corporate profit. If the word is out that Sobeys will be in, Spring 09, you can bet they WILL be IN Spring 09.
Come July 1/09, If I'm wrong,..home baked cookies are on me. If I am right there better be a cold martini waiting out there somewhere for me!
Absolutely love this building, by the way.There is a 'Berlin/urban/modern' thing happening in this design that takes me back a few decades. Love it. Love the pics I've been seeing too. I envy you all!:)

Boy o boy! Do I sense a little excitement? LOL!

Re: Sobeys:
Guys/Gals. This is not about residential. This is about business. This is about profit, corporate profit. If the word is out that Sobeys will be in, Spring 09, you can bet they WILL be IN Spring 09.
Come July 1/09, If I'm wrong,..home baked cookies are on me. If I am right there better be a cold martini waiting out there somewhere for me!
Absolutely love this building, by the way.There is a 'Berlin/urban/modern' thing happening in this design that takes me back a few decades. Love it. Love the pics I've been seeing too. I envy you all!:)

I agree there is a huge demand for a full supermarket in the area ..!! its all about the $$$

Rbc

2916684278_745434a31e_b.jpg

Looks like this spot is to become an RBC. Saw a coming two signs there today, one Royal Bank sign and another one saying "Coming Soon". So with a CIBC, RBC and TD and this interesection, does this mean BMO and Scotia will be competing for space at Signature to round out the intersection?

Back