News   Mar 28, 2024
 420     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 296     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 322     0 

Monorail for Toronto

Magnovate (of the Toronto Zoo Maglev) at their Toronto MARs location? is the recipient of a few federal dollars.

The funds were granted to MARs in April 2019 but the selection of recipient companies was only announced the other day.

Nice to see Hydrostor on the list too; their tech seems exceptionally useful if it can be scaled up.

Last edited:
Monorails are effective and efficient rapid transit systems with the capacity of any Metro system and this is nothing more than a tonka-toy.

Monorails are effective and efficient rapid transit systems with the capacity of any Metro system and this is nothing more than a tonka-toy.
Monorails are gadgetbahns, and are no better at transportation than any other rail based system.

Magnovate (of the Toronto Zoo Maglev) at their Toronto MARs location? is the recipient of a few federal dollars.

The funds were granted to MARs in April 2019 but the selection of recipient companies was only announced the other day.

Nice to see Hydrostor on the list too; their tech seems exceptionally useful if it can be scaled up.
That idea is still alive? Last time I've checked, opening date for the maglev is 2022.

That idea is still alive? Last time I've checked, opening date for the maglev is 2022.

It's as alive as it ever was; Magnovate still needs to find an investor willing to fund both a full-size prototype train and the demonstration project (Zoo line). They'll have done a bit of physical component testing but it's largely a theoretical plan still.

If the engineering and construction costs were promising, they'd almost certainly find that money from Magna their parts supplier.

Last edited:
It's as alive as it ever was; Magnovate still needs to find an investor willing to fund both a full-size prototype train and the demonstration project (Zoo line). They'll have done a bit of physical component testing but it's largely a theoretical plan still.

If the engineering and construction costs were promising, they'd almost certainly find that money from Magna their parts supplier.
It's usually the investor part that kills many otherwise promising projects, I fear.

Back