News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

miWay Transit

The 110 is the only 100 route that needs articulated buses, so most likely you will see them running all day on the regular routes, along Hurontario and Dundas. And also Burnhamthorpe and Dixie.

I'm more hopeful seeing them on the 201 and 202 route, all day Monday-Friday.

The new branding is HORRIBLE! The new buses however are awesome.
What they were thinking with this Local and Express business I have no idea. They take something simple, and make it complicated! Ugh.

I like that MT didn't try to separate into two distinct systems like YRT + VIVA did.

Mi Local and Mi Express. It is not bad. It is straightforward and not too cheesy, and it is obvious they are one system. I like that the brandings incorporate part of the city's name instead of some Spanish or German word. That's a good thing.

The problem is what gets classified as Express. Right now it doesn't make sense that 201 and 202 are not Express.

And also, if they hadn't scaled back the Express services so much the branding might be more justified...

The new livery is kind of plain, but I guess an improvement over the old. The old livery was nice for buses back then, but doesn't work well with the newer style of buses. I like the black paint on the blue buses.

I only dread riding the Orion VIIs. The ones that are currently in service are the most uncomfortable transit buses I have ever ridden, especially during winter.

The new branding is HORRIBLE! The new buses however are awesome.
What they were thinking with this Local and Express business I have no idea. They take something simple, and make it complicated! Ugh.

Its not rocket science. The pre-brt routes will be Mi-Express routes, while every other route is Mi-Local. If you want a local bus, you hop on an orange bus. If you want express, you hop on the blue. It is no different than using numbers to distinguish the type of service. This makes it much easier by telling people which lines are express and which are local.... not relying on people to understand the numbering system.

Doady, I agree. That might get a bit confusing.

The new MiWay website is quietly being developed here. It's currently just a skeleton but provides a little peek at the new monthly pass design and something called "MiWay Mobile".

The new site design looks a lot more user friendly than their old site.

http://dcnonl.com/article/id40212

August 20, 2010

Work underway on rapid transit corridor in Mississauga, Ontario

MISSISSAUGA, Ont.

Construction on the Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor has started and the project is expected to create approximately 2,600 jobs.

Ontario has provided $65 million to the City of Mississauga to support the Mississauga BRT and is contributing another $48 million in related GO Transit investments.

The project involves building an 18-kilometre east-west busway across Mississauga between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Renforth Drive.

A total of 12 stations will be built along the route, with one existing station being incorporated into the busway.

The aim of the project is to improve local and inter-regional bus operations across Mississauga and to connect with GO Transit and the TTC.

The BRT is expected to be in service by spring 2013.

Since 2003 the province has invested approximately $9.3 billion in public transit, including nearly $3.7 billion in GO Transit to improve and expand service.

This includes over $80 million to Mississauga under the gas tax program to improve and expand public transit.

DCN NEWS SERVICES

20100820a003.jpg

20100820a005.jpg

Is this part of the actual "Transitway" or a common ROW used by both conventional routes and busway routes?

How would it connect to the busway to the east? Does it connect to the 403 corridor at Hurontario/Rathburn partial interchange?

Last edited:
I don't think the construction shown in the pictures above have anything to do with Mississauga Transit. Just something to do with the mall.

Drum118 has post links to maps of the Rathburn ROW already in this thread or another. If I remember correctly 403/Eastgate section of the transitway will intersect with Rathburn on the east side of Hurontario. There will be a station at City Centre Dr, making the LRT diversion into CCTT pointless.

I think it is a mistake to build a ROW down the middle of Rathburn though. Side bus lanes would allow buses to bypass each other at the stations, just like on the fully grade separated transitway (which will be 4 lanes wide at the stations). A ROW down the middle of Rathburn would only be 2 lanes wide at most, so buses wouldn't be able to bypass each other.

Also kind of sad Mississauga is making the exactly same mistake Ottawa made by making busiest section of its BRT on-street instead of grade-separated.

Since this thread is being used to discuss the Transit Way, even though there is a separate thread, I will chime in. What happened to the City Centre portion being put underground?

Back