News   Apr 26, 2024
 141     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 156     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 584     0 

Minto Skyy (1042 Broadview, Minto, 26s, P+S) COMPLETE

If you have a western view you're looking at the Don Valley. As parkland I can't see them losing this view hence "lifetime views".

True,

even a Supertall Tower planted on the DVP would barely disrupt the view from Broadview.

Imagine all the NIMBYism a Supertall planted on the DVP would generate, especially from these "Lifetime View" types. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Reminds me of the developments at Yonge & York Mills/Wilson - they're all about 8 stories so that the views of mansions on overlooking ridges are not blocked...god forbid they be reminded they live next to a subway station in Toronto and not some Edenic grove.

24 December 2008 photo update

Mods, couldn't find the Minto Sky thread, so here's an update:

DSC00081-2.jpg

Funny you mention that, because driving along the DVP yesterday, I noticed this development. I honestly had no idea what it was or who was building it. and today here it is on the first page.

I wouldn't say this place is as much out of the way as the area has been largely immune to condo development over the years. There just isn't much space to build in the residential areas north of the Danforth. The lone exception I can think of are those award-winning townhomes at Pape & Mortimer built about eight years ago.

I've driven by this one a few times in the last week or so, and it actually looks great at street level. Very attractive precast on the base (ornamented, without taking it to Mosaic type levels), and a strong but not overpowering streetwall. Not really a bad location either, tho that intersection of Broadview/Mortimer does seem a bit congested at times.

And there's a crane up a bit further south on Broadview (just north of the subway station) for another smallish (less than 10s) building, that actually looked pretty good based on the pictures on the hoarding. All I can remember is that there's a Rexall and a bank going into the base, and I believe the floors above are office, but I can't recall exactly.

Considering how dense and built up the area around it is (particularly Cosburn Avenue), and how close it is to downtown and the subway, I'm always surprised this area doesn't receive more development than it does. Heck, Pape and Cosburn is like the poor man's Yonge and Eg.

I drive by it all the time, and yes there is quite a bit of cladding on it now. Nothing special, but it doesn't look terrible either. Just sort of average and middling.

I am hoping this is Minto Sky....flickr pic by Megger....interesting view of the downtown skyline from here...

This condo has to the be most under-represented of any project here at UT...

3591824365_8d07eb0df5_b.jpg

Last edited:
right on yyzer ... nice pic of Minto Skyy (and TO's skyline)

Back