News   Apr 24, 2024
 607     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 546     0 

Minto Skyy (1042 Broadview, Minto, 26s, P+S) COMPLETE

Re: Minto Skyy

Wasn't there a huge thread about the DQ? Anyways, I was just joking about the building, it actually looks quite nice and its a good area for some new development.

Re: Minto Skyy

On the east side of Broadview, just south of this building, is a small, elderly apartment building that was converted to condos in the mid-80's, divided into units comprising several floors stacked vertically I believe, with gardens on the roof. I think it was a fairly early example of this sort of smallish reno. I was quite taken with the novelty of it when I lived in this part of town at the time. But it isn't listed in TOBuilt and - as we now all know - if it ain't in TOBuilt it doesn't exist.

Re: Minto Sky

I don't think this building fits in very well with its neighbours. Perhaps they should apply dark brown vinyl siding to the upper third of the building.

Best. Post. Ever.

Re: Minto Sky

188 units + 10 townhouses on Broadview
Pae + Steele Architects

Average of $376psf

50% of released units sold (about 25 units still haven't been released).

Occupancy summer 2009.

LEED Certification cadidate... some of the green initiatives include: Energy Star appliances, dual flush toilets, water saving plumbinb, all off switch, HRV unit in each suite, individually metered hydro, high efficiency heating and cooling systems in the building, rainwater collection, recycling chute (I wish my building had this!), flourescent hallway lighting and a car-share program.

Radiance at Minto Gardens was the first LEED silver certified residential high-rise building in canada. Minto Midtown is also a LEED certification candidate. Minto is also undergoing a retrofit program to improve energy efficiency in their 10,000 unit rental portfolio across Ontario.

MintoSkyy(1).jpg

MintoSkyy(2).jpg

MintoSkyy(3).jpg

MintoSkyy(4).jpg

I guess, just as the Shangri-La has its Bishop's Block, Minto Skyy has its Dairy Queen...

Really awesome 360 pano, click the full screen thing too!

Agreed!

I looked at this 360 pan a page ago on this thread, and thought the greenness of Toronto was captured by that view, however I posted nothing.

Since they advertise "Lifetime Views" I can only speculate as to what this will be like a mere ten years hence. Will it be as green and/or interesting? The building itself is well done from what I've seen, and those upper flights look to be great buys at this stage.

I guess "lifetime views" means windows. I don't think they are making any promises as to what the view will consist of.

If you have a western view you're looking at the Don Valley. As parkland I can't see them losing this view hence "lifetime views".

Back