News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

In Ottawa's version of the citadis there's one bike area per vehicle (where there is a set of flip down seats), which is actually the same situation as the LINTs on the Trillium line.

dwkvmweuqaaegj6-jpg-large-jpg.jpg

IIRC it is the only airport in the world to be located in 2 countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroAirport_Basel_Mulhouse_Freiburg#International_status

In Ottawa's version of the citadis there's one bike area per vehicle (where there is a set of flip down seats), which is actually the same situation as the LINTs on the Trillium line.

I'd be curious if more people bike in Toronto than Ottawa. Ottawa is colder. But it's also smaller. Making it far more bikeable. And while Ottawa is moving on rail, a lot of the bus services are poor. Which makes biking a great last mile solution. Since these LRTs in Toronto are all being built in the suburbs, I wonder how much biking really factors in their access.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroAirport_Basel_Mulhouse_Freiburg#International_status

I'd be curious if more people bike in Toronto than Ottawa. Ottawa is colder. But it's also smaller. Making it far more bikeable. And while Ottawa is moving on rail, a lot of the bus services are poor. Which makes biking a great last mile solution. Since these LRTs in Toronto are all being built in the suburbs, I wonder how much biking really factors in their access.

Hopefully, the powers that be include some bicycle parking near the light rail stops or stations.

Amsterdam%20bikes.jpg

From link.

Apparently the Rideau Transit Group has lost several parts (including some computer modules) for Ottawa's 34th LRV. It's the last train to be built for the Confederation Line and the city won't open the line until it is complete (along with all the other delays).

I want the Eglinton LRV to be red to troll people into thinking it's a streetcar.

So basically it is a streetcar.
nope. It's an Electric Multiple Unit train. These vehicles can be arranged in up to 4 vehicle trains operated from a single cab with each trailing unit self-powered. They have a Scharfenberg coupler for inter-vehicle communication and control.

That's something that the new Toronto Streetcars can't do

nope. It's an Electric Multiple Unit train. These vehicles can be arranged in up to 4 vehicle trains operated from a single cab with each trailing unit self-powered. They have a Scharfenberg coupler for inter-vehicle communication and control.

That's something that the new Toronto Streetcars can't do
You mean they are a modern LRV with the flexibility to run longer trains during peak demand periods then run shorter more demand-appropriate trains during less busy times....allowing the system to provide service through the peaks and valleys of demand times?

Last edited:
So basically it is a streetcar.
Yeah, pretty much. Very similar interiors and exteriors. About 100 millimetres wider, and 600 millimetres longer.

Of course, these can be put in into trains of multiple streetcars - but anyone trying to tell you a single vehicle is a train, is wrong!

You mean they are a modern LRV ...
They are more modern than Toronto's current streetcar/LRVs. The CLRV and the ALRV.

Back